Chapter 10: Placings

Enjoy everyone!A new chapter,just like I promised!

-Lilia-

Lilia walked backed to the arena calmly.She gave an awkward smile at Briar and Trisha.Briar motion for her to come closer."Where were you just now?"Briar hissed at Lilia.Trisha stared at her."Just in time."Trisha said quietly.

What dramatic friends you have.

Be quiet.

Talkative much?

Shut up.

The announcer started to announced the names and the placings one by one.Butterflies flew in Lilia's stomach as she listen carefully for her name.

"Lastly,Lilia Shadoefel in...first place!"

The crowd cheered loudly as they started chanting her name."Lilia,Lilia,Lilia!"Lilia stand up and gave the crowd a polite wave and smile.

Briar was in the 7th place while Trisha was in 8th.In second place was Keith in all his glory and yadda yadda yadda.Lilia could have swear that all the girls were staring at him dreamily as Keith gave a nod at his placing.Wait,why was she even thinking about him?She quickly pushed the thought away.Shadow was quite impressed by her skills in the fight.Nope,he did not said that.His emotions did.Go figure.

The announcer began to announced other things and taking the distraction to her advantage,Lilia quietly sneaked out of the arena and into the School.She turned to a left fork as she stood in front of a golden door.Taking a deep breath,Lilia opened the door and went inside the library.

Lilia had been here many times to do her homework.Walking over to the F-section,she started to searched for books about familiars.

...............................

-Timepass-

-Lilia-

Lilia's hand shook.She thought back to what she had seen just now.

Moments after she had entered the library,Shadow had informed her that she must find out for herself if she wanted to find out more about him.After saying finish his 'little speech', Shadow had withdraw from her mind to let her find the books in peace.And try to find it she did.

Sighing to herself,she put a book she had been reading just now back to its original place.She was just about to give up searching when a book suddenly caught her eyes.Taking it out of the shelf,Lilia looked at it.The cover was white with the tittle 'The Guardians of the North' on it.

Ah...that book.Maybe you'll find out what you want you find in it.Shadow spoke in her mind.Lilia nearly jumped in shock.

I still don't understand why you can't just tell me in my mind now,Shadow.Lilia sighed out loud.

This is for you to find out on your own.

Groaning,Lilia put the book on the table and sat on a chair to read it.A thought struck her that the cover was the same color as Shadow's fur when she first meet him.She thought back to when she had first seen Shadow at the edge of the Fobbiden Forest.His sapphire dark blue eyes glittered with intelligence as he looked at her.His white fur shone brightly under the sun.Shaking her head and putting the thought at the back of her mind,Lilia started to read.

The words in the book came back into her mind as if to tease her.

The white wolves,also known as 'The Northen Guardians',guarded the borders of the North from harm.Their reputation was known for their aura of mystery.They were rarely seen and it was said that those who had seen them would be blessed.Until now,no one had ever had a white wolf as a familiar on the Summoning day.