Chapter 19: Despair

Spring time by Yiruma!Play it!

-Ember-

She could feel herself drifting in the darkness,as if trapped.But yet,in her heart,she felt...free.It was as if a cage inside her had been released,into the wildness.

Light suddenly appeared in a bright flash,and she opened her eyes.
.....................................
-Lilia-

"Let's-" Lilia flinched in pain.Shadow looked at her as her friends stared at her.

"What's wrong?"Briar asked.Lilia waved her comment off."Its fine.I'll just...use the toilet for a while."With that being told,she bolted for the toilet.Shadow looked at her concernly before following her.Trisha and Briar shrugged.

"You think its her time of the month?"

"Probably."

.....................................

-Still Lilia-

She quickly bolted for the toilet as her back flared with pain.Of was as if a whip had been lashed onto her back,torturing her.Shadow followed her in a mist of pain.

Lilia....what happened to your back?

She cried out as the pain intensified. Shadow howled.Good thing the corner here was less crowded than the rest of the School.

Just...a little more.

Lilia stumbled inside the toilet with relief.Shadow followed her in without caring it was the girl's toilet.

Human and familiar existed as one single bond,able to feel their partners emotions and pain.This would happened to be one of the time.Had it been in a battlefield and they do not know how to block it,it would immidietly resulted death in a minute of carelessness.It was said that if one of the bonded died,the other would too as they felt their bond snapped.This was proven true most of the time but sometimes,although rarely,the other one survived,but with a heart of coldness and no sense of mercy or,the more cruler way,they commit suicide or went mad.Only those strong enough to survived did survived,while the rest tarnished.

She concentrated on blocking her pain as she imagine a door slide over their bond.Shadow growled.

Lilia..I have been feeling pain transmitting from you from last week till now.Tell me what happened.

Lilia ignored her partner and looked at her back with the mirror.She took a sharp intake of breath.

Those last few days when it happened,it was merely a scar of some kind,making her thought she imagine it.But know she knew that of wasn't a dream.

It.Was.Real.

Instead of a faded scar now,two huge gashes had appeared on her shoulder blades,releasing a huge amount of blood.It would explained why it hurt so much just now.

By now the pain had faded only to be reawaken again when she moved.She hissed in pain.

I don't know,Shadow.I dismmised it as a dream because k thought it wasn't real.

Anything  in this world can or could be real.You should know better than to do that.I thought you would tell me in time,but it seems not.

Lilia shrank back at the sharp hurtful words he said.She looked down at the floor miserably.Shadow sighed.

Since you have shut down our connection,I should not be able to communicate with you.He glanced around.But it seems not.Perhaps its because I am a Guardian.

Lilia nod silently.

Enough moping around. What done is done.

Alright.I'm sorry.

Very well.Apology accepted.

Lilia glanced at the bloody substances on the floor.She shrugged and mop it away.And with clean tap water,she washed her back away from the blood,wincing every now and second.

When she was done,she pictured the door that held their connection shut and imagined it disappeared.She sigh in relief when she felt their connection again.

I strongly suggest you don't do that again until necessary. Tis a horrible feeling.Shadow announced,sinking back into the old English suddenly.Lilia nodded.

Come,we must go.

Agreed.