Chapter 20: For all we know

I'm soooooo sorry for the late (kind of) update!Was having a little blocky here.Also,I cannot believe that I have nearly 1.9k people reading my hook-I mean,my book and only 4 votes to 200!Thank you so much everyone!

In life,we search for many things that belong to us-our home,belongings,our family,and so much more.But what we don't know is the fact that from the moment we were born,we have nothing,but by our family and our own hands we gain those things.

-Anonymous-

-Keith-

I saw a group of people going into the Forest just now.Fallinius,his falcon,transmitted the message over his head as it flew above the sky.Keith's eyes narrowed.

Oh really?What are they up to now?

I don't know as I couldn't get too close.I think one of them was the girl,Lilia.

Keith heaved a sigh.I have to see what their doing then.

Shouldering a bow and a quiver of arrows over his shoulders,he grabbed his knife and walked towards the Forest.

And for the first time in his life,broke a rule.

......................................

-Lilia-

She laugh along as Briar told a funny joke about a rabbit and a fish.But inside,she was all cold and serious.Lilia look at Shadow.She couldn't tell him the truth,although perhaps he would accept her as she is,she knew that she could not.The secret was for hers to keep,and her alone.

She never had thought that the burden would be so heavy.She stole a look at all those people she now call friends.Would they accept her too?She had no answer to that question.

Ember put a hand on her shoulder."You okay?"She asked quietly.Lilia nod.She said nothing about the major changes that Ember now have on her personality,nor did she cared about the concern in her eyes.

No longer.

If you have known who I truly am,would you still be my friend?

I would not think so.Perhaps you would mock me and tortured me,for I am a monster,a wolf in a sheep clothing.

And then there was also Sapphire.Lilia gave her a small smile which she gave one of her own,but a weaker version of it.There was something that was bothering her,Sapphire.Her eyes was sunken and dull,and every second she would looked at her back as if something was following us-no..her. Yet no one else seems to notice her weird behavior.

Lilia said nothing.She was wondering if she would regret her decision about going into the Forest.Heck,they don't even know where the place is!

Shadow,how will we know if  we're going in the right way?

Shadow sniffed the air.

The scent of demons are strong to animals,and familiars too.

She nod.Shadow looked at her before looking at their path again.

Also,you never mention your friend have such a beautiful fox as her familiar.

.......................................
-Ember-

"We should stop for now,it's late." She said quietly to the others.They looked at the sky before nodding.

"You're right." Briar said.Faking a smile,she flipped her hair."Of course I'm right,when am I not?"A chorus of laughter came.Her smile faded.

They quickly picked some firewood and did a camp fire.Then they sat around the fire and ate the food that Trisha had hunted.It wasn't enough to fill each and everyone of their bellies,but it would be enough to last them until tomorrow.Suddenly,a branch cracked nearby.

"There you all are,and I was searching for so long."A curt voice said.Lilia and Trisha,who had already risen with their weapons ready,lowered it while Lilia looked at him.

"Keith?"

.....................................
-James-
(Didn't expect his POV?Well,you just got it! *hands the readers a cupcake* Fresh and handmade from the oven!)

"Cousin." James replied dryly.Keith scowled."Shuddup."

Silence came.

"Did he just said...shaddup?"Lilia gaped at him.

"Oh my God,the world's gonna end!He just said shaddup!"Briar shrieked.Keith silently went and sat down beside Lilia as they started to laugh.He frowned and glared at Briar.She winked.

Trisha pat Keith on the shoulder "I understand completely how your feeling right now."She said coolly,glancing back at Briar who was still wailing about.Lilia gave Trisha a sympathetic smile.

"What brings you here,cousin?"James asked.He gave a tired sigh."What do you think?To keep you bunch of ruffians from doing reckless things-

"Like...oh,you mean that time when I accidentally pour ice water on you because I thought that was what you said?"Briar cut into the conversation.

"I haven't forgotten that yet,Briar."

"Oh...or was it that time I nearly strangle you because I thought you have a bug inside your throat?"

He gave her the face and she immediately dropped the subject.

"I see you have a lot of...adventures while I was gone."James noted.He flashed a smile at his annoyed cousin who was still silently planning Briar's death.

Lilia and Trisha glanced at Keith with understanding.

"Poor Keith."

"Just...shut your mouths."

....................................................

-unknown-

The demon appeared at the edge of the place.He lifted his head tiredly.

"Did you do it?"He rasped in a weary voice.Truth to be told,he wasn't really that excited about it.To him,a play thing was a play thing,repeating its movements like how a master would controls its slave.A puppet more like.The demon nodded.

"Good."

Recognizing the tone,it backed away and left him and the general alone.

But he was...interested to see how this would go.They seems to be...different from the past toys.Broken toys now.

The General faced him."They're coming."

He gave a small smile under the light the torches gave in the hall.

"Let them come."

Done!How's the cupcake?Hope its nice!

I can't believe its chapter 20 already!Time flies so fast~ Very well,as a reward to you all,I'll be publishing the next chap give or take...Tomorrow or the day after that!

Good?Okay!

4 votes,9 views,and 3 comments!  *hugs you all*

Thanks for the support!!