Chapter 18: Roaming

Hello there,me readers!Just to tell you,I will notified all of you if in going to update or not (including all the future chapters) in my profile.Just so you know.

The pic up there is Ember!(Her eyes are green,NOT blue) Now get reading~

-Ember-
"I wish to past the borders."Her voice was heard loud and clear throughout the place.The woman turned.

"Oh?"

Ember stifled her breath.The woman is truly beautiful.But then,Ember noticed something.On the left face of the woman had a kind face and light brown hair while on the right face of the woman had ebony,jet black hair like midnight.She had a twisted smile and a hint of craziness in it.

She represented the Light,and the Dark.

But yet as she watched,her face shifted as it keeps changing into the other one or sometimes,melted together.The woman kept her blue and red eyes fixed on her.

"What makes you think that you can past,Ember Flameheart,daughter of Eric Flameheart and Anall Shade?"

Ember blinked in shock.Her father had never found a reason to tell her mother's name to her,as he had said that 'the dead must remained the dead'.So she too,had never asked about it.The woman gave a coy smile.

"So,he never told you your mother's name did he?Such a pity."

"He may not have told me her name,but he is still my father.Do not insult him."Enber's voice was dangerously quiet.The woman raised an eyebrow.

"I see.But let me tell you something.Had your mother still lived,you would not have suffered as much as you have now."

Ember reeled back in shock.Images of it started to slipped into her mind,and she started to shake.Someone touched her arm.She opened her eyes to see James.

"You okay?"

She shook her hand away from James."I'm fine."

"Still denying it,Flameheart?What have your father done to you?"The woman taunted.Ember stared at her with terror as she revived all her memories again.

-Flashback-

(Before you read this,lemme tell you all something first.The woman made Ember revived all her painful memories again,meaning that she herself would also be feeling it all over again.)

"Father!Father,please stop!"Ember's cries rang out in pain.Her drunken father looked at her with glazed eyes.

"How dare you left me here with her,Shade."He father muttered.Since the day she was born,and her mother died,her
father had always blamed her for it.

Me.It was always my fault.Always.

Often her father had came back drunk from the village,and she would usually be the punchbag her father used whenever he was angry.She knew that her father didn't meant to,but her fear and terror of her father was already there since the day he first started hitting her.

Her skin was marked with bruises and scars from her past,her only escape was with Lilia,the joyful days when she spent with her.She was able to hide her scars and bruises with her love of dresses,but sometimes,things was not to be able to avoid when Lilia found out.She remembered how Lilia had nearly went to her house to punch the living daylight out of her father.But Ember refused to let her do that,till the spot where she had to beg her.

A bitter smile curled on Ember's lips.

Sometimes she used to wonder to herself,why?Why didn't she let Lilia punch him?Why didn't she told anyone about what had happened?And why didn't she stop him?

So many whys.

How many times it had already happened,but yet she always came home with dread in her heart.The counts of it happening had already been lost of counts for her.

People would smiled as they watched her skipped along the road with a basket of cookies.She was always under watchful eyes,always had to constantly wear a mask of happy smiles even when she knew it was fake.Why she did it for,she didn't know that too.

She was merely a mask of herself,a clone of what she truly was.

It.Always.Is.

But even with what had happened to her,her love for her father merely grow stronger as she grow to loved herself,and her mumbling old fool for a father.

Perhaps it was meant to be,after all this time.

She looked at the skies.Mother,are you truly up there? Do you see what I have done? I finally broke free from the past.

A sense of true happiness welled within her as she imagined what her mother would have said if she was here.

Well done my child,my lovely Ember.

Darkness swallowed her up,and her vision went black.

-Flashback end- (Oh wait,you actually read it!Yay! *hands cookies to you* )

...................................
-The clearing-

Ember collapsed and quickly,the woman snatched her up.She was trembling and beads of sweat ran down her face.The woman smiled.

"Such extraordinary courage and love."The woman said.She looked at James and the strangely calm Red.They had not seen Ember's past except the woman,but they knew she had a hard past.Tears was streaming down Ember's face subconsciously as she smiled a happy smile.

"You will have to wait until she woke up."The woman instructed.James nodded and looked at the woman cautiously.

"It's weird calling you 'the Woman',is it okay if I asked what your name is,my fair lady?"

Tears filled the corner of her left eye while her right face looked shocked at his question.

"No one had asked my name in thousands of years."The woman whispered to him.

"My name is Yuki."

Too clinche?Comment what you think about it if you want to.

11 views,5 votes and 3 comments!

Yuki- A creature that looks like a woman except for the fact her face reflects the Schools.Her left side of her face represents Light and her right side of her face represents Dark.Yes,she also have emotions.

Thanks for reading! *hands more cookies* :D