Chapter 12 : Past and Present History

Hi guys!For this chapter,the whole thing will be in Shadow POV.So read it,like,now!!!

-Shadow-

"Severed your ties with your animal now."

These words repeated itself in Shadow's head over and over again.Fury exploded within him and he went into his physical form,snarling.He had been prepare for insults or even worse,but not this.Never this.How dare that puny human said that.He stood,erect,snarling furiously at the poor human.He could feel the stares on him.

"No one will severed their ties with their familiar.This is not up to your decision,you human."Shadow's voice echoed throughout the place.Then something happened.

One by one,each of the animals bowed to him.He recognized it as a sign of loyalty and respect.Saying nothing,he continue to stared at Miss.Arariel who had gone from angry to surprised and it turn into shock and...at this Shadow tasted the air.Fear.

They were afraid of him.

Shadow,don't you even dare!

How about that bony man over there?Shadow glanced at Professor Finely who was muttering to himself in a corner.Shadow occasionally heard the words 'unbelievable' 'impossible' and such.Shadow was tired of that old man.

No.

Awe!Just one bite at the head!Or two.But please?!

Still no.

Curse you.Come on,I'm hungry!

Nah.

Fine,you old nanny.

Shut your smelly mouth,doggy.

"If there's nothing else to talk about,I like to go to my room."Lilia said in a monotonous voice.She held out her arm at Shadow.Shadow eyes it for a moment before turning into his non-physical form again.She walked gracefully into the School and went into the library.

I thought you say you want to go back to your room.

It was just an excuse to get here.

Oh.Good one.

She sigh as she looked at all those books.Called her crazy,but she always love books ever since she was a child.But her mother could never afford to buy books,the books were always in a high price.Besides,why think about books when we can't even afford enough money to eat?Her mother would always said that.All of the sudden she missed her mother.She was confused and tired in this strange world.Even being jeered and laugh at in the village seems a lot better than the stares and whispers here.She felt like an outcast here.

Shadow,could you tell me a little more about your packs history?

Why?He suddenly seems to be submissive.

I just want to know.Besides,I haven't heard it since you first came here.

Okay then.

A few decades earlier,a war was brewing in this world,Shadow begin.Reports about demons was seen almost everywhere,but at first,it was dismissed as a 'coincidence'.How wrong those foolish humans were to think of it as a coincidence,and nothing more.Sorrow was in Shadow's voice.After a while,more and more demons was seen,and they started to kill.It was a slaughter field,and blood was everywhere.The humans gathered a huge army,but it was still not enough.All the years of hiding in the dark had serve the demons good,for their population was so large that it had overcome the numbers of the army.Animals,humans,plants,all of us suffered in the war.

Finally,the humans plead for our help.They send messengers to each border,North,South,West and East.Normally,of course,we,the proud protectors of the borders,would have refused to help.But in that war,even we could not hold on our own.The demons raid our place,and our kind was killed by many.And so,we decided to have a meeting with the protectors in each corner.Knowing that we did not have a choice,we join the humans to defeat the demons.The Leopards from the East,The Owls from the South,The Lions from the West and we,The White Wolves from the North.Shadow went silent.

Shadow?What is it? Lilia asked gently.

We manage to defeat the demons.Shadow said quietly.They quickly retreated when they realized their numbers have fallen.Because of that,we were honored for the bravery and the help that we have given.The news soon spread across the world,and we were glorified and respected.

That's why the familiars bowed to you just now,wasn't it?

Shadow did not answer the question.He was still in his non-physical form,but Lilia could feel his pain and sorrow.

However,many of us was wounded badly...and most died.  

Silence resumed in the library.  

And my mate was one of them.

And that's it!Shock?Poor Shadow.I know this chapter is very short,but I'm a little bit busy.Sorry everyone,but I hope you enjoy it!Vote and comment below to tell me what you think!