XXXIV. Adèle

It was the day before Bash's wedding, and she could not have been more confused by her feelings more.

The last day meant her chance of confessing whatever actual feelings she had for Bash. Was she still infatuated by him, or did she simply hate him because he was still infatuated with her, despite him being a man engaged? Adèle sat on her bed, waiting for time to pass by quicker. An hour and a half has passed since she had a clothes fitting with several servants to see if the dress she was to wear to his wedding suited her. Fortunately, it èid, and she could not be happier. It was a dress specially sent from Paris, and this dress was perfectly fit for a wedding in the castle.

But she did not want to think of dresses, of the wedding, nor the next chapter of her life, which was to start tomorrow, after Bash and Kenna have said their vows and are married for life. Adèle, perplexed by her own emotions, set to speak to Bash, for the last time, it seems. After tomorrow, they could never be with one another, alone, especially since he will become a married man, and Adèle will still remain a maiden.

Adèle left her chambers in a hurry and paced towards Bash's chambers, that were not too far from her brothers'. Her hands shook, and she swallowed her fears and became the courageous young woman her parents taught her to be. Perhaps she was doing this because she remained intoxicated by the glasses of wine she drank this evening. Perhaps it was only because of her mad mindset that thinks every little chance or opportunity she had left, she felt obliged to take it. And so, with courage and bravery in her heart, she knocked on his door...

..only to find Bash in tears.