XL. Bash

The time of the wedding ceremony had arrived, and though Bash first did not think that he would be nervous, he was wrong.

In front of a crowd of high-ranking people and nobles, including the king and queen of France and Scotland, Bash stood before them. He was to say his vows in front of this sea of people, most of them he did not know. He rarely stuttered, but he predicted that he was going to, during the exchange of vows. He waited for his bride, and whilst doing so, his eyes travelled across the room, searching for the smiles of the friends that he made throughout the years.

His eyes first turned to Francis and Mary, whose hands were holding those of Theo and Cyril's. They gave him a comforting smile, which signaled him to not be so nervous by the wedding ceremony. Theo and Cyril waved at him, and their grins gleamed with joy. He then turned to look at Greer and Lola, who was standing right next to each other, and smiled as well. His eyes were searching for Adèle, but he could not find her anywhere. However, he did see Stéphane, who stood near a woman with similar features, and so he assumed that she was his sister. His eyes interlocked with those of a young woman who stood at the very end of the room, shying away from the world. It was Adèle, and she gave him a smile, but he knew that this smile was not the littlest bit genuine. What he would do to stand right next to her right now, in front of the whole of French court.

When the music changed, it signaled him that Kenna has arrived. Bash's eyes turned to her, who dressed in a fine white wedding gown. A lace veil masked her face, and her smiling lips. Her eyes seemed to show pure happiness, and although he did not want to ruin this happiness of hers, he knew he could not. In Kenna's hands, she held a bouquet of light pink roses. He admitted she look magnificent, but the woman who standing at the end of the room was still stuck in his mind.

Kenna stepped up to the altar, and uttered to Bash, "Are you ready?" She gave a small smile before the exchange of vows.

He nodded in reply, but he knew that he was not, for the woman who stood at the end of the room would pull him back to her sooner or later.