LX. Bash and Adèle

Once they had settled themselves in the carriage, Bash was dying to ask Adèle a million questions.

But she had said no several times over and over, for she did not want to wake Cyril, who was sleeping in her arms. As time began to pass, and both Theo and Cyril fell asleep near them as usual, Bash asked her again, "What happened between you and Kenna?"

Adèle heaved a sigh, and gave a weary smile on her lips. "I had simply told her that we could be friends, and that she should never apologize to me for insulting me when you two were still engaged,. That is all, Bash,"

"Very well, I believe you," he said, for he knew that if he were to keep asking questions, Adèle would become even more vexed by him. "Seems quite funny to walk in your old flame and your betrothed hugging each other in a friendly manner, is it not?"

"How silly," Adèle said, with a childish smile, and then turned to look outside the window of the carriage, staring into the landscape of towering trees in a field of dirt roads and fallen leaves. "I just hope that journey will not be too long. I wish nothing but to return to my old bedchambers, lie on my bed, and.."

"And what, exactly?" Bash smirked.

"And shove you out of my bedchambers to the stables so that you would have to pick up horse dung each morning," she joked. He only gave her a slightly irritated looking smile, for the very thought of horse dung made him awfully nauseous.

"I could always use an assistant,"

"Very funny, Sebastian," Adèle let out a small laugh. "How long is it until we reached Aix-en-Provence?" she groaned, as her fingers ran through her hair, stopping several strands of her hair from falling on to her face.

"Not long, now," he reassured her. "Rest, Adèle. It will do you good,"

"Hm, I did not realise that you were so worried of my health and well-being,"

"I am constantly worried of your well-being, lionheart."

Without a moment's hesitation, Adèle began to fall asleep as her head leaned against the wood. Bash watched her eyes doze off into a long nap, and before he knew it, his eyes had too.