Chapter 1

Theo's POV

I stuck out like a sore thumb the moment I stepped inside the gym.

The atmosphere inside was just as crazy as I thought it would be, left and right and in front of me were men and women working out like their life depended on it, whether it be running super-fast on the treadmill or lifting weights that would crush me, I couldn't help but feel out of place here.

Maybe I picked the wrong gym?

Everybody here was seriously in shape, and everyone looked beautiful and perfect in every way, the women were way out of my league and the men made me feel insecure just by looking at them, tall and muscular.

I felt like an idiot, wearing a warcraft t-shirt and the only shorts I owned, that were bright red and very noticeable in a room full of people wearing dark gym clothes.

If I left now nobody would even know I stepped inside, like me coming here today never happened.

Turning around, my hand on the doorhandle, I feel someone grab my shoulder making me freeze and pale once I turn around to see who it was.

Freaking huge.

"Hey kid, you the new guy?" A man asked, sporting a huge white beard, with arms the size of my head.

I didn't know what to do so I nodded my head sheepishly, making the bigger older man grin and put his arm around my shoulder, dragging me away from the exit and more into the gym.

"Perfect, you came at just the right time kid." He said as I started sweating from just how heavy his arm was over my shoulder. "Let's get you fixed up with a locker and I'll show you the equipment."

"You signed for a trainer, yeah?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"You're lucky then because I just got an opening with one of my best guys, these bitches would love for this spot but it's all yours kid, if you want it." He said as he led me through the people working out, their eyes looking at us momentarily as we passed.

I felt like everyone was looking at us, and they probably were, this guy spoke too freaking loud, and I probably looked like a skinny bag of bones next to this muscular man who probably worked out every single day.

"Um, d-do I start today?" I ask nervously, as the man moves his hand from my shoulder and comes behind the front desk to grab something.

He looks at me and grins. "If you want to, the first lesson is always free on us."

Wait, the first lesson was free? I didn't know that, but lucky me, because I wasn't planning on spending so much money, I felt a little better about coming knowing I had money for the bus back home and didn't have to walk over an hour.

"I'm Rick by the way, I own this place and if you need anything, just shout and I got you kid." Rick said, handing me a locker key with the number 13 on it, as I nodded my head.

"Oh, t-thanks and it's Theodore but j-just Theo is fine." I said sheepishly as he nodded his head once and then signalled for me to follow him with two fingers.

Rick showed me the locker room where I put my bag inside and then he showed me where everything was, this place was huge and had everything you could possibly need.

It had a sauna, showers and a pool, not only did it have three floors of equipment, but it also had a basement where they teach kickboxing and other combat sports, also defensive lessons which I really wanted to take.

After Rick showed me the basic equipment for what I wanted to start on, the weight machines looked the easiest then everything else, I already did enough cardio running from the football team at school, I didn't want to do it in the gym.