Chapter 34

Theo's POV

I felt as though my legs were going to give under, as I tried to catch my breath with my hands on my hips.

It's been a week since Maddox came back, and since today he had time to come to the gym with me, and continue where we left off with my training, which I was starting to regret as I could taste blood in my mouth, from how hard he pushed me.

"Come on Theo, you still need to finish your 5km on the treadmill." Theo said, before using the gym towel in his hands to wipe his face free of sweat.

Oh my god, was he seriously trying to kill me? 5km was... forty, thirty minutes? My legs felt as though I would collapse any minute and he's talking about running...

"I... can't." I said, catching my breath, as he looked at me with serious eyes and a frown on his face.

"I feel like I'm going to throw up." I say honestly, as my head felt it was being squeezed, same as my lungs as breathed in and out.

I felt like I was dying, but Maddox had barely broken a sweat as he stood there looking me over, as I pathetically sat on the floor, my hands massaging my legs as they started to ache.

"That's your head talking, Theo, you'll be surprised what your body is capable of." He said, with his arms crossed as he looked down at me with a smirk on his face.

"We can stop here for today and work on durance next time, you're still not hitting your session goal."

I felt pathetic, and weak that I couldn't lift a finger when Maddox had finally taken time out of his busy schedule to train me, but I knew my limits, and I was nowhere close to where I wanted to be, but I wasn't giving up.

I was just not where I wanted to be yet with my training, and Maddox knew that, but despite knowing that he still pushed me to never give up.

"Come on, I'll help you to the showers." He held his hand out, which I took as he pulled me up from the ground, I groaned out in pain as I stood on my feet.

I must be crazy to want this, I can't even feel my legs from how badly they're shaking, my feet also feel like I'm walking on pillows as Maddox helped me walk towards the exit of the underground part of the gym, we were in.

Opening the doors, Maddox helped me up the stairs towards the main part of the gym, to the first floor where the showers were, and with each step I could start to feel better, as the metallic taste in my mouth started to go, and my head pain got less painful.

Maybe Maddox was right, and it was all in my head? I'm starting to feel better.

As Maddox walked me through the gym, Maddox instantly got attention from the other people at the gym once they saw his face, and I know I should be used to this by now, but it still made me feel weird that I was dating this incredible person.

Helping me on the bench, Maddox turns and opens his locker as it's only the two of us inside the men's lockers room at the moment.

"You're getting better, I can tell you've been working out from how long you lasted compared to our last session." He said, as I looked at him, lifting his gym t-shirt over his head, displaying his perfectly defined muscled back, covered in tattoos.

I couldn't help but drool as I admired him, he was still intimating in the sexiest way possible, and sometimes I felt like I was the luckiest idiot alive to have this guy all to myself, I was a nobody compared to Maddox Zane, this beautiful man who was built like a god.

"Who knows, in a few months you might be ready for a fight." He said as he closed his locker, a towel in his hands as he turns around to look at me.

What did he just say? "A fight?" I asked, confused.