Chapter 12

Maddox POV

I had somehow convinced Theo to stay, but now that he was here, what the fuck was I supposed to do now?

I've hooked up with plenty of people, and in the morning, I didn't need to say anything for them to leave, and if I had to get rid of them, I didn't feel anything about it, it was just spontaneous fun in the end.

I don't know if I could call what I did to his guy last night spontaneous, because it didn't feel the same as the times I slept with other people, in fact I didn't know what to feel about it.

His ass was nice, and I had fun, as much fun as a guy can have having sex with another guy, but the big question was, what did Theo think we were?

He was a virgin until I introduced him to my dick, did he also now expect some type of relationship from me because of that? I didn't want to hurt the guy, I liked having him around, and he had potential as a fighter, but I just wasn't the dating type of guy.

I fucked, plain and simple, I didn't want to be tied town, especially not by some eighteen-year-old, with his life ahead of him and mine at its peak.

The moment I woke up and saw him in my bed, I did what I always did, hit the showers and then went to train in my home gym, nothing was different for me other than my hips were hurting just enough to be noticeable.

I did carry him around last night, like my own personal blown-up doll, and I can only say that's the reason why he slept in so long, the poor guy didn't know what he just signed up for when he agreed to come home with me.

I had dropped him off around 3 and now I was getting ready for tonight, as my dumbass cousin, Adian, was fighting in a mixed martial arts exclusive club downtown and wanted me to be there for 'emotional support' whatever the fuck that meant.

The moment he called me I felt the air shift between me and Theo, he suddenly wanted to go home, and although I did convince him to stay for three more hours, he was quiet the entire time as we watched TV together, even when I drove him home.

Honestly, at this point I should just stop whatever this was and remain his personal trainer, there was shit he was clearly dealing with, and I had my own shit going on, getting into a complicated relationship with this kid wasn't going to do me any favours.

Despite that, I didn't want to let him go just yet, which put me in quite the predicament.

Did he regret sleeping with me? I know I asked if he liked it, but you can like something and then regret it, I never could read him well, especially when he was quiet.

Fuck, I knew nothing about him, and it's not like I'm some mind reader, but then again, it's my fault for not asking anything and just going with the flow, so either way, I'm a piece of shit.

Parking my car, turning it off and then getting out, I look over the side of the street and sigh out at the amount of people turning up for this fight tonight, wishing I just stayed home and went to bed early.

I knew what tonight was, having me at Adian's corner put him in a limelight and got him work, which I really didn't mind, but now he was doing it almost every month which was starting to piss me off, just because we're family.

"Maddox." The bouncer, Ryan nodded to me as I tapped him on the shoulder, walking past him.

The moment I stepped inside the club I saw how this night was going to end.

There were half naked girls carrying around drinks and the air was filled with smoke as some shit banging music filled the air, I also noticed the further I walked through the crowd that I wasn't the only famous fighter here.

Jimmy southpaw, he was slow on his kicks but before his opponents could go for his legs, it was too late because you were already knocked out from a simple punch, he looked rough with his buzzcut head and piercings, but he was a decent family guy.

There was also Peter Moss, another great fighter who came from the gutter just like I did, rising to the top from all the way at the bottom, his kicks were strong, and I definitely missed seeing him fight.

The poor fucker injured his leg slipping near a pool on holiday, ended his career right there, just like that.

"Yō, Mads." I hear someone call my name as I stood near the bar, turning around to see who it is.

I look down at my trainer, and closest friend, wondering what the fuck he's doing here.

"Come on don't look at me like that." He chuckled out, standing next to me, ordering a drink for himself and one for me.

"I'm not drinking Jordan, cut that shit out." I tell him, looking around to see who else has showed up for tonight's fight.

"Then fix your face, you look like someone just stood on your balls." He said, as I rolled my eyes, choosing to ignore him before I whacked him.

"Have you seen Aiden?"

He hummed out, putting his drink to his lips as his eyes scanned the crowd. "I saw him with two girls not long ago, so probably in the backroom getting all his nerves out before the fight starts."

Of-course he is. "Give him a break, it's hard to live in your shadow, Mads."

"My shadow?" I scoff out. "If he tried to keep his act together, he could've made it professional, instead he's doing the same shit we did when we were 16."

Jordan sighs beside me but doesn't say anything more into it, already knowing I was right as Aiden never took anything serious, instead he used my name to get fights, and pick up women and use me as his own personal get out of jail free card.

He came from the same shithole I did, so of-course I helped him out once I made my first million and won my first big fight, but unlike me he choose his path and stayed the leech, he was a good fighter but he lacked ambition, he just liked to sit there and tell me 'it's hard'.

The more I stood here the more I just wanted to fucking leave, I was doing him a solid today and then I wasn't going to do this anymore.

I wonder what Theo was doing? He wanted to go home so desperately, so he must be up to something.

"So, what's really got your ugly face stuck like that?" Jordan asks beside me. "It's not Aiden, so what's up?"

If only I could put what I felt into words right now, Jordan's head would spin, but there was no way I could say anything here, with too many eyes and ears looking and listening in on us talking, next thing I know is my name with a pride flag under it spread everywhere on social media and on news websites.

I didn't need that.

I choose to ignore Jordan and focus on the ring as the lights started to dim and everyone started to make their way to the seats, positioned around the large ring inside of the club.

Just as I was going to make my way to Aiden's corner, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket as someone was calling me.

Taking my phone out of my pocket, I was surprised to see that Theo was calling me, as the last time I saw him he barely spoke a few words to me, even the thirty-minute drive I did to take him home.

I looked at his name and sighed out before ignoring the call, not wanting to get into whatever he wanted to say right now, even if I he could hear me, there was no way I was going to hear him with the crowd this rowdy.

Whatever Theo had to say was going to have to wait until Monday, until then I wanted to try and enjoy the shitshow in front of me.

Fuck it, I might as well take that drink, without it I'm just getting more annoyed but not only from this morning, but the fact I don't even know what I felt for him, and I was too old to play this game he was playing with me, giving me silent treatment.

I grabbed the nearest unopened bottle of Champaigne on the table in front of me and started chugging it like it was water, wanting to numb this feeling I felt in my chest as much as possible.

I felt my phone ring again in my pocket and choose to ignore it, I found my seat next to Aiden's team and said my 'hello's' and then I waited for the fighters to come out, taking another drink from the bottle, ready for forget the shitty day that I had.