Chapter 43

Theo's POV

The moment Maddox stepped out, the room shifted, and the crowd went wild shouting his name at the top of their lungs.

The arena was so loud I felt my chair shake as everyone stood up and started yelling and screaming, it was too loud to hear what everyone was saying, but I got the gist of why they were so excited.

Tonight, was going to be the best fight ever recorded live on TV, and not only was so much money at stake, the two fighters, Zane and Geoff were heavily requested for years, since Maddox won his first big fight as a professional fighter.

From where I sat, I could see everything, the shape of each muscle to the lining on his face, it made my heart pound loudly against my chest as I watched Maddox look around the room, like nothing could touch him.

"He's hot." Arthur whispers in my ear as the crowd started to die down, I choose to just ignore him and try not to let his comment bother me.

It felt strange seeing him, back when we dated, I desperately wanted to watch him fight live like this, who would've thought that I'd be watching him now, two years later with my boyfriend sitting beside me, crushing on my ex.

It didn't bother me, if anything I agreed with Arthur, Maddox has gotten two years older but if anything, he had gotten even more irresistible, his body was a piece of art, and I noticed a few new tattoos on his neck as he waved to the crowd.

Part of me hoped he didn't notice me in the crowd, but then the other part of me also wish he did, just to know I was here cheering him on, and that I still admired him.

Not long after Maddox entered the ring, and after some talking which, I couldn't understand from being so close to the ring, the fight started, and Maddox and Victor started throwing punches.

It was the first round but the moment the bell rung, Victor was on Maddox like a wild tiger, hungry to tear him to shreds, I was on the edge of my seat as I couldn't tear my eyes away from Maddox as he dodged a punch.

As the fight went on, and minutes past, the fight had gotten brutal and it was starting to show on both of their faces, as they rested in their corners, faces swollen and covered in blood, sweat and cuts.

"It doesn't look too good, is it normal to bleed that much?" Arthur whispers in my ear as I looked at him from the corner of my eye to see him looking at Maddox.

"He'll be fine." I said, believing it from knowing Maddox first hand.

Maddox had a particular fighting style, he was a professional in every way and learned his opponent's down to every single detail, from the time I did speak to him about his training, he told me he studied how they fought like a religion of sorts.

The final round was starting, and they both looked like they met their match as Maddox threw a jab at Victor and hitting him in the face, making him stumble back, Maddox didn't stop there though as he kept coming for him, blow after blow.

It was like something changed in him, Victor couldn't get out to hit him back as he kept his gloves up, protecting upper half, and with another blow, Maddox broke through his defence and used that moment to land the finishing blow.

It all happened so fast as Maddox threw a powerful right hook so quick that I was sure everyone missed it as it landed directly on Victor's face, making his whole-body jerk before he fell to the ground, the bell ringing not long after he hit the ground.

Cheers erupted as the referee started the ten second countdown, the crowd joined in as the arena filled with cheers so loud, I felt my ears pop as I kept my eyes on Maddox, his chest rising and lowering as he kept his eyes on Victor.