Bonus Chapter

Maddox POV

I held Theo's hand in mine as I knocked on the door in front of me.

Looking around again, I couldn't believe I was fucking doing this after trying to avoid getting involved more than I already was, but Theo said something to me lastnight that made sense.

'If you don't go, it will haunt you'

He was right, I laid awake most nights and wondered how it got so bad, that Pixie found no other way out of whatever was going on in her life, that the only thing she could do was to shoot me.

Her husband had reached out to me the week I was released from hospital, at first I had ignored it once I heard he wanted to apologize for what Pixie had done, after-all, it wasn't his fault, why should he apologize for what she did?

So, I ignored it, until now.

I go to knock again, but as I reached out the large door in front of me opens, and there stood a man, who had to be Pixies husband.

I couldn't fucking believe I was doing this, but after speaking to the police, they couldn't exactly tell me what pushed Pixie to the edge, without speaking to the husband first, considering how bad the press, and news had hounded her family after the incident.

"Logan Martin?" I asked, as the man stared at me with wide eyes, nodding his head.

"Y-Yes." He cleared his throat. "Please... come in."

He held the door open for us and I stepped inside his house with Theo's hand in mine, I took a quick look around and saw that it was just as homey as it looked on the inside, as it did on the outside.

The house was nice, in an expensive part of town, her husband was a doctor and doing well for himself, looking at the house myself right now, I knew that it was Pixies dream house, from the wood floor to the wallpaper.

Everything reminded me of her from our childhood, as he told me things she had wanted in her house, to things she didn't, like carpet, or the colour orange.

"Um, please take a seat." He nervously directed, as I walked with Theo over to the sofa.

"Is there anything I can get you? A soda? Water?" He asked as I shook my head.

"No thanks, I'm good." I said, before looking at Theo.

"No thank you." He said politely as Logan sat down opposite us, looking more nervous than he did when he opened the door.

"You wanted to talk about Pixie?" I didn't wait for the awkward silence, just wanting to get this over with, so I can leave and get on with the rest of my day.

"Yes." He said, looking down at his hands on his lap. "I... wanted to meet you, also I wanted to apologise."

I stared at the man and then sighed. "Look, you don't need to apologize, I came here to tell you it's not nessesary, I forgave Pixie a long time ago."

"Yes... I heard about her and your... past." His jaw clenched, as he lifted his head to look at me. "She told me everything about you, before she... got sick."

"She didn't hide anything from me, before we got married we went to therapy together, and despite her past, I loved her, you know? She worked hard to get clean, we had kids... everything was good until it wasn't." 

I looked around his house and saw picture Pixie and her family, her husband and their two young girls, smiling in every single photo, it was hard to sit here and listen and have those photos staring at me.