Chapter 3

Theo'a POV

Come Monday, I had managed to avoid the football team and the football captain, Eric, until the last bell rung out and I bumped into him in the hallway.

"Hey shrimp, where do you think you're going?" Eric smirked at me, sending cold chills down my body as he grabbed hold of me and pushed me roughly into the lockers.

I had put so much effort into avoiding him and his group of friends and all for what?

At this rate I was going to be late for the gym, and I knew from Maddox saying so, he didn't like people to show up late.

"C-Come on Eric..." I tried to reason with him, but he was getting into my face.

Suddenly he spat on my face and then let go of me and started laughing with all the other guys that were with him, then he shot me one last look, his eyes filled with hate before I felt his fist connect with my jaw.

Eric had punched me in a spot I was used to, but it didn't mean it didn't hurt any less than the other times, it felt like he broke my jaw as I cradled my face in my hands, sinking down the lockers as I look up to him, my hands shaking.

"Fucking creep, stay the fuck out of my way next time, fag!" He spat before he walked off with his friends.

I ignored the looks of other students as I shakingly rose to my feet, wanting to just go home and cry like I usually did and try and forget how much I hated my life, but I promised myself I wouldn't do that anymore.

A big part of me didn't want to let Maddox down either, not when he was willing to help me.

Grabbing my back from the floor, I started walking to where my bike was and then ride home, my jaw aching as where Eric hit me had made my ear start to ring as I got halfway towards my house.

Once I made it home, I knew I wouldn't see my parents until late tonight as they always worked late, even on weekends, so I quickly ran up the stairs and grabbed the gym bag Maddox had given me.

I was excited he gave me stuff, I wouldn't know what to get if I went shopping by myself, luckily, he gave me free clothes and a brand-new gym bag, which looked expensive, so I'll try to cherish it and only use it for the gym.

Not bothering to leave a note, I lock the front door and go to the bus stop, it was only a twenty-minute trip into town and a five-minute walk from the bus to the gym, so I knew I wasn't going to be late.

I had saw my reflection in the window once I sat down and winced once I saw just how obvious it was that someone hit me, as a bruise was forming around the red mark Eric's fist caused on my jaw.

Eric wasn't always like that, when we were 12, we were friends, we used to hang out all the time and play games but now that he's popular, and captain of the football team, his attitude got worse, to the point where he started bullying me with his new football friends.

He turned into a dick, plain and simple, for what reason I don't care, there was no way I would consider being friends with him, not when he's made my life a living hell, making it impossible to relax and make friends in school.

Once I get off the bus, it takes no time to reach the gym, and once inside I notice that there are more people than last time working out and every single machine, and all I could think of was how serious these people are, for it to be completely full like this.

I notice Rick up ahead and smile politely once he sees me, making him grin before his eyes go to my jaw, then his face dropped, and his eyes grew hard as he waved me over to him.