Chapter 23

Theo POV

When I woke up, I woke up in bed alone, but I smelled food coming from the kitchen, and voices.

I instantly recognised Maddox's voice, but there were two other voices I didn't recognise as they complained about something coming from the TV.

Did he have his friends over?

Wait- what time was it?

I reach over and grab my phone from the bedside table and see that it's 7 AM in the morning, and it was a Thursday, and it was also.... my birthday, today was the day I was turning 19.

My birthday... and I hadn't received a single text or phone call from my parents, despite the messages I had sent them, about where I was and what has happened, but I have still got nothing from them.

Did they really not care about me, now that their marriage was over? I always thought they didn't care about me, from hardly being home, or never wanted to spend time with me, or from the way they never asked how my day was.

I always thought it was normal, until I saw how other parents treated their kids, I probably should've known then that my family were different from normal people's family.

My parents weren't caring, or loving, they came and went like roommates, not caring if I one day packed and never came back.

One thing that I noticed was an email from my bank, a payment from my dad, saying how he sent me money labelled 'apartment' and nothing more.

So, he really did give me money for a place, he had all this time to do that but no time to phone call me to tell me?

Suddenly, the bedroom door opens, making me almost jump out of my skin, surprised.

"Did you just wake up?" Asked Maddox, coming into the bedroom, wearing a pair of shorts and a plain black t-shirt.

He looked so good in the morning, it was hard to pull my eyes away as he walked in, barefoot and showing the tattoos not only on his legs, but feet.

"Yeah." I said, as he smiled down at me, holding his hand out for me to take.

It was starting to get embarrassing how he was treating me, almost like I was a girl, it made it hard to look him in the eye, and I know it's because I still felt shy, despite everything we've done.

I moved from the bed without his help and stood up on my feet, I was wearing the ugliest pair of spiderman shorts and one of Maddox's t-shirts, because mine were all packed away at the bottom of my suitcase.

"I made breakfast, so you woke up just on time." He said, as he signalled for me to follow him, as he left his bedroom.

Following behind him, I see two other men, equally intimidating in their own right as they ate from a plate as they sat on the sofa, watching what looked like a cooking show on TV.

Then, their eyes shifted to mine, as I followed Maddox to the kitchen, a curious gaze that made me feel nervous, I was the only one here that looked like he didn't belong, and in many ways I didn't.

I had nothing in common with these people, who had impressive careers, money, and were good-looking with a great figure and lots of tattoos.

"Here." Maddox handed me a plate. "Even though I'm not your trainer anymore, you should still eat a healthy breakfast."

I blushed hard as I nodded my head and followed him to the sofa, to sit down next to him, ignoring the looks of the two smirking guys as they watched me, and Maddox pass them.