Chapter 16

Maddox POV

Hearing Theo talk about his assault set my teeth on edge.

The pain, and torture he went through alone, failed by the system that was there to prevent this, Theo should've had justice long ago before I found him, bloodied and barely conscious.

The police had just left after I spoke a few words with them, after Theo agreed to press charges on this 'Eric' I had to press to see this gets dealt with, or I'd involve my lawyers to see that this fucking kid never walks again.

Walk... I wanted to break his fucking legs the moment Theo mentioned he was the football captain at his school, I'd take pleasure in doing it myself, just to see how much he likes it when someone bigger fucks with him.

I've done worser things in my life, this would be merely a scratch on the shit I have done in the past.

"Are you hungry? I can make you anything you want." I say to Theo, sitting up on my bed.

His shaky dark blue eyes looked back at me and all I saw in them was relief, it made me proud he didn't leave anything out, he spilled his guts and held his head high doing it, it was nice to see him gain his confidence.

"Um." He stuttered, just as his stomach started to roar, filling the silence of the air, and making me grin.

"Are you allergic to anything?" I asked, getting up from the bed. "I make a decent fettuccine alfredo." I faced him, seeing the light blush on his cheeks.

"No and... that sounds good." He shyly said as I bit back a smile, nodding my head before turning around.

"Can..." He suddenly says, making me freeze and look at him. "Can I watch?"

Watch? "You want to watch me cook?" I asked, to be sure, and Theo nodded his head, avoiding my gaze, as he fumbled with his fingers.

I didn't know how that embarrassed him and I really wanted to tease him, because just looking at him was a temptation, as soon as his face lit up like a tree, but I kept my mouth shut and went over to him, helping him off the bed.

"Oh, um..." He nervously looked at me as I already knew his leg was probably painful to stand on.

I put my hands on his waist, and under his legs and lifted him up, not surprised that he didn't weigh anything, in fact he was pretty fucking easy to lift, which only made me want to fatten him up more.

Theo looked mortified as he hid his face, his hands even turning a shade of pink as I carried him like a pretty princess all the way to the living room, putting him down on the couch with clear view of the kitchen.

"Y-You didn't need to do that."

I rolled my eyes and walked over to my fridge, getting what I needed out for the alfredo. "Come on, Princess, you know you liked it." I teased, grabbing a pan.

I didn't need to look back to know Theo was shy from my comment, even so it made me smile from how better he seems now, compared to when I first found him on the path, unable to form a single sentence.

I had never wanted to kill someone before, and I admit at first, I never gave a shit about Theo when I saw that bruise on his jaw, I was more amused that he let someone get that close to him to cause it.

Things were changing, the guy was fucking with my head and everything he did was affecting me in ways I never thought possible, especially for me, who choose to not have a partner, or anything close to a relationship with someone else.

After being in the kitchen for over twenty minutes, and small talk with Theo from the living room, the alfredo was done and I was serving his portion in a bowl, adding just enough to fill him up but not overwhelm him.