Chapter 15

Theo's POV

I felt like I was day-walking through a dream.

One moment I wanted to end it all, the worst thoughts I have ever thought of and then the next moment the only person who pulled me from those dark thoughts was standing in front of me, holding me up.

It was a moment of relief when I saw him, because I felt this sense of protective shield around me the second, I saw his face, the tattoos on his arms and wearing the same familiar t-shirt I had used, that day.

Even though I was low, and I was embarrassed he saw me like this, I didn't see any judgement in his eyes, I felt like he saw me, the real me, not the person everyone else saw, but someone who didn't want to give up.

My whole body hurt, and it hurt to open my eyes once I finally did decide to open them, the first thing I noticed was the ceiling, and how familiar this ceiling was, because it wasn't mine, but it was Maddox's bedroom ceiling.

I shifted to rest on my elbows and saw that I wasn't wearing a t-shirt, instead I had bandages around my stomach and everywhere that Eric had hit, or either kicked me.

Did he do this? If he did, I wasn't conscious for it, I could only remember seeing Maddox, and someone else with him as they helped me into the back of a car, the rest of it was a blank to me.

I could hear noises coming from the kitchen, and it made my heartrate spike up because I knew Maddox was feet from me, and I know I had put him in a bad situation, after-all, he brought me to his apartment, instead of just taking me to the hospital.

Suddenly, I could hear him, and then I saw him opening the door to his bedroom and walk in, his eyes on mine, almost surprised as he froze for a moment, before walking further into the room to come over to me on the bed.

"Did you just wake up?" He asked, his voice low, as Maddox sat on the edge of the bed, next to me.

"Yeah." I mumbled, my throat dry and my voice cracking.

Maddox got up and left the room, and moments later he came back with a glass of water in his hands and a plate, with what looked like pieces of fruit, sliced up into small pieces.

"Here, you need to stay hydrated." He said, putting the glass to my lips and helping me take a sip, as it was painful to lift a finger, never mind grab hold of a glass of water.

"T-Thanks." I mumbled out, unable to look him in the eye as he stared at me, holding the glass in his tattooed hands.

"I wasn't sure you were going to wake up, you've been out cold for the past two days."

"T-Two days?" I looked at him in horror.

Two days? There was simply no way, it felt like I just closed my eyes, and a minute went past, but the look on Maddox's face told me that he was serious, and if anything, he didn't find any of this fun.

"Does anything hurt?" He asked, looking over me before his eyes harden as he focuses on my ribs,

"The doctor just left but I can get him back here." He said, his eyes going back to mine.

The doctor? I didn't understand fully what he was saying, and part of me just wanted to go back to sleep and hope that when I open my eyes again, Maddox wouldn't be here, and this would all just be a dream.

I didn't want him seeing me like this.

Weak, and pathetic.

"W-Why did you bring me here, insteadof the h-hospital?" I had to ask, as I looked around the room and noticed then that I had a needle in my arm that was connected to an IV bag, hung up next to the bed.