𝐎𝐍𝐄

- KAINO "KAI" MILLER

"NIGGA you need a lineup, gahdamn" Shawn, Kaino's best friend spoke loudly when he entered their shared office space

"I know man, don't even speak on it" Kaino replied, sliding his hat back on.

"You got any clients today?" Shawn questioned.

The two owned a very successful gym company and they often worked as personal trainers.

"Nah man, I'm free today" Kaino answered while closing his computer

"Good, we gon' fix up whatever the hell you got on yo' head, I gotta homie that can cut you up real good" Shawn said.

"At the great clips? down the street?" Kaino questioned causing Shawn to stare at him with a disappointed expression.

"I can't believe you just let that bullshit fly out yo' mouth, man hell nah!" Shawn said, clearly feeling disrespected.

The fact that Kaino even asked him that question was crazy.

"My bad, I ain't know you knew people out here, we new to the area and shit," Kaino said with his hands up in defense.

The pair had recently moved to Louisiana because they were finally opening a new location for their gym, Kaino was finding it a bit hard to get in the groove of how people worked around there, mainly because he was from up north.

Kaino was confused about why his friend felt so disrespected, he thought everyone went to the Great Clips.

"Nah nigga, you new, these my people out here. Now come on so you can get a real cut" Shawn said,

"Can't believe I call this wigga my best friend" Shawn mumbled while shaking his head as he left out, Kaino following behind him.

When the two walked inside the barbershop they were immediately hit with the smell of barbicide and the low buzzing sound of the electrical clippers.

It looked like a scene straight out of a movie, your typical black barbershop.

Barbers and clients chattering amongst themselves, ladies in the back arguing, the receptionist popping and chewing her gum loudly.

Young girls getting their hair braided by older women, someone's tender-headed baby crying as she got her hair washed.

Though a lot was going on, the energy inside the building felt warm, and welcoming, for Kaino, it sort of felt like a fever dream.

"Aweeee shit, I know that ain't that nigga Shawn!" Geno, the owner of the shop said, pausing on his client's head.

"You already know man, Wassup Slim?" Shawn spoke with a smile, dapping up his longtime friend.

"Shit you know, same old shit, What you need?" Geno asked.

"Ion need nothin' y'all can get my homie straight tho?" Shawn asked, nodding over to Kaino who was standing by the door awkwardly.