Chapter 5

As soon as the girls landed in Acapulco, they put on their bathing suits and hit the beach. 

Right after she put sunscreen on her face, Patty jumped into the ocean to ride some waves.

"You girls wanna take a dip?" she said.

"Sure thing" said Meg calmly.

She slowly dipped her body into the water while Sam just jumped right in. 

"Ready or not, here I come!" she squealed.

Jill just laughed as she stayed behind.

"You're so silly, sarge!" she said.

"And so ready for a fabulous vacation. And as it's your trip, I dare you to jump in" said Sam.

"Yeah, Jilly; join us for a swim!" said Patty.

"Oh, I couldn't possibly. It might ruin my hair and makeup" said Jill.

"For heaven's sakes, Jill, we're on vacation!" said Sam.

"She's right. I'm not even worried about my glasses" said Meg.

"Oh, very well" said Jill.

She jumped into the ocean and didn't mind getting her hair wet.

"I say! This is fun" she said.

"Now you're talkin', girlfriend!" said Sam.

"Oh, I wish the guys could have come. Sam, you know how much Charles Wallace loves to swim in the ocean" said Meg.

"He sure does. Back when things were okay between him and John, the two of them would ride waves in their clothes!" Sam laughed.

"I miss all the fun stuff!" said Patty.

"And not too long ago, Chad and I went diving in this magic sea. It was wonderful" said Meg.

"A magic sea?" said Jill.

"A magic sea, sure" said Meg.

"I don't understand how all this... magic comes around" said Jill.

"You have a lot to learn about us" said Sam.

"Hey, Jilly, maybe you and Paul could get married on the sea. Cal and I got married by the Sydney Harbor. I'm pretty sure marrying on the sea is even better than by it" said Patty.

"It does sound nice, Patty, but Paul already arranged for it in Gotham City" said Jill. 

"Oh sure" said Patty.

Jill sighed. "I can't wait to marry that man."

"Well, you're replacing Meg in that man's arms, so you better make this one count" said Sam.

"Um..." Jill stuttered nervously.

"Don't worry, Jill honey. She's just kidding" said Meg.

"But still, he fainted when he found out Meg was marrying Chad. I'm actually surprised he let another woman into his life, even before you" said Sam.

"Sam, that's enough. We can't make her worry about her marriage before it even happens" said Meg.

"Sorry, Jill" said Sam.

Jill just smiled in response.