Chapter 24

That night, Jill and Della snuck into the apartment building and found the Beatles' apartment. 

The door wasn't locked so they could get in.

As soon as she did, Jill made her way into Paul's room to find him unconscious in bed.

"It's true..." Jill whispered.

Della put her hand on Jill's arm to try and comfort her.

Jill pulled up a chair and sat in it next to Paul's bed.

"Paul? It's Jill. I'm home to help you get over this breakdown. Then we can marry on easter" she whispered.

She held his hand and sadly sang to him.

Cause what I like most about easter

Is the way we show our pals we care

For the fun never ends when you give to your friends

And you share... 

The Easter Bunny then came in and noticed her.

Jill jumped back in surprise when she saw him.

"Don't be alarmed, my dear. I represent your fiancee's antidote" said the Easter Bunny.

"Who are you?" said Jill.

"I'm the Easter Bunny"

"Do you know why my friends didn't tell me about this breakdown Paul is having?" Jill inquired.

"They were trying to spare you having your own breakdown" said the Easter Bunny.

"Is that all?"

"Yes. But they've been making strides with finding my eggs" said the Easter Bunny.

"Your eggs?" said Jill.

"Yes. The only way for someone to get over the Easter breakdown is for me to recover all twelve of my twelve very special Easter eggs" said the Easter Bunny.

"I found one in my hotel room. Is this one of them?" said Jill.

The Easter Bunny looked at the green egg she found.

"Yes it is! Well done, Miss Jill. Well done" he said.

"So the only thing I have to do is find eleven more of those?" said Jill.

"Maybe not as many as that. Your friends have already found a fair few" said the Easter Bunny.

"Well, wonderful. Now I know exactly how to save Paul in time for our wedding" said Jill.

"Indeed. But for now, get some rest. I want you to look your best for your wedding tomorrow" said the Easter Bunny.

Then he looked at Della and said "You laid out our confession beautifully, Della."

Della smiled widely.

"You know Della?" said Jill.

"She's my little assistant. I told her to let you know so the other wouldn't have to worry about breaking it to you" said the Easter Bunny.

"How nice" said Jill.

"Come, Della. It's way past your bedtime" said the Easter Bunny.

Then he led her out of the room leaving Jill alone with Paul.

Jill grasped Paul's hand again and finished her song

When I share...

This Easter Day...

With you

Then she silently laid her head on Paul's arm and cried herself to sleep.