Chapter 35 (Banquet Part 2)

You would've thought when my momma said let's go because we were late, that we were leaving out. Nope. She made Brit and I do every pose imaginable so she could take 5 pics for each pose.

"Ma can we please go?? This is not prom!!" I huffed.

"Okay let's go." She smiled. "Oh have you spoken with Branden? He's coming right?"

"Uhh yeah..he's just running a little late." I half smiled.

"Oh okay!"

We got in the car and rushed to the banquet. What my momma didn't tell any of us is that it was a little over an hour away and she didn't know where she was going. She was yelling and getting turned around every 20 minutes so it took more like 2 hours to get there. I tuned her out and tried to call Branden but again..no answer...... Did I do something?

.....After many moments of over-thinking, stressing, and loudly singing to diff. songs with Brit, we pull up to the building.

"Ohh this is nice!" Brit smiled.

We got out and headed in. As we got closer and closer the music and sounds of laughter grew louder. We got to a huge door and some beautiful, chocolate man opened it and revealed the ballroom. It was beautiful! It was almost like a wedding. The white table cloth, white place settings, rose filled vases on every table. It was beautiful and all of my family looked beautiful and happy.

"Mama you out did yourself!" Brit said scanning the room.

"Well you only turn 50 once and I gotta celebrate my half of century of life and the other half ahead of me. But see y'all later I need a drink."

We parted ways with my momma and headed straight for a nice table off to the side in the front. I could see the whole party from my seat. We sat down and got comfortable for a minute.

"I'm hungry come on let's eat!" Brit said pulling me towards the food.

It was Jamaican food!!!! We had rice and peas, jerk chicken, plaintains, fufu, curry chicken, cabbage etc.. I tried to get everything but I hate when my food touches. Idk what it is it just irks me. We grab some drinks and head back to the table.

"Bree this food is so good!!!" She said dancing in her seat.

"Lol why are you telling me like I cooked it?"

"Because!!!! I want you to learn what I like now so when we get our mansion off the beach, you know what to make."

"But I know you soooo *flips hair*. But yes, a mansion on the beach, three dogs, photo shoots on the beach and nice double dates with our husbands." I sighed.

"Don't get me excited. You know how happy dreaming makes me." Brit pouted.

I don't know what I would do without Brit. She completely took my mind off of Branden and helped turn my frustration into happiness.

"Thank you Brit."

"For what?"

"Nothing...just thank you"

"Don't start playing......lol you're welcome."

We continued talking until Shoop came on.

"Bree I think this is our song!! We gotta go dance."

"Brit no :( I don't dance, I can't dance."

"What about when you were dancing on your birthday?!"

"That was different. It was dark and I was given some liquid courage...remember?" Brit reached into her purse and pulled out a flask.

"Brit omg no not here. You know I'm a light weight lol." I whispered scanning the room.

"How do you think I stay so energized throughout the day?"

"smh." I giggled.

"Just take little sips. I've been working on this one drink for like 2 weeks. Just to get a tiny, little buzz."

I sat staring at her because she is crazy as hell if she thinks I'm drinking with my whole family around.

She stood up and dragged me to the bathroom. We went into a stall and she took three big gulps and then passed it to me.

"Now you don't have to worry about being the drunk one."

I took the flask and took a couple of small gulps. She took it back and we headed to the dance floor. After a couple of minutes, my whole body started getting warm and that's when I knew it was kicking in. It was some I don't know playing but It was good. Me and Bree jumped around for like two songs then my cousin Christian (from my b-day party) came to join us.

"Hey Christian!" I yelled still dancing.

"Hey Bree, y'all okay?" He chuckled.

"Yeah." Brit asked dancing towards him.

"Aight."

We were all dancing and laughing when Brit slipped and fell. We all busted out laughing. I went to help her up. I grabbed her then noticed a familiar pair of heels in front of me. My eyes trailed up her legs, to her small, tight dress, back/shoulders, and hair that I knew all to well. She was turned around hugged up on Christian but I knew who it was. She turned around flipping her hair over her shoulder and the frustrations I let go, came back.

"No this trick didn't!!!!"

dun dun dunnnnn lol. Uh oh what's happening?!!

I'm sorry its been so longggggggg. Some man had to fix my computer, that took two weeks, when he only said a couple of days. Then while my computer was being fixed my phone broke but now I have a phone and my computer. I was sad because I couldn't write and I missed y'all!!!! Hey to the all the new people that came while I was gone!!! But thank you for reading, commenting and voting!!!!!! ♡♡♡♡