Chapter 28

BEEP........BEEP......BEEP..........BEEP....

"Oh and not interested? Where do you think I just came from?" Was the last thing she said to me. Our friendship ended like that, like it was nothing, like she wasn't afraid of hurting me....hurting us. How long had she felt like this? She pushed the knife in my heart as deep as she could with that one. Not that I believed it....though I did, but I know he wouldn't do anything like that....right?

It was dark and everything was so sore. My head was throbbing with sharp waves of pain every couple of seconds, my hands felt swollen, and my arms and legs felt like spaghetti. I tried to lift myself up but I was too weak. I slowly opened my eyes and was startled by my surroundings. My mom, Brit and Branden all sat sleeping in chairs around me. My hand was wrapped up with a bunch of bandages. I took deep breathes then slowly lifted myself up so I was sitting up a bit, making sure not to wake anyone. I checked my phone it was 2:53am. I stared at Branden who was right beside me, he looked so cute sleeping that it made me giggle. He shifted a bit then was still again. I laid my head back and closed my eyes trying to remember everything that happened. I was in deep thought until I felt someone touch my hand.

"Hey braveheart stop thinking so hard." Branden whispered.

"How long have I been out?"

"2 longgg days and a night."

I lifted my head to see his eyes sparkling with happiness and sympathy. The big beautiful brown in them was being drowned out by red.

"Have you been crying?"

yeah......"No, I was just worried and I got a headache and stuff." He said looking away.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make y'all worried it's just...."

"Shh" He got up and climbed onto the bed with me. I was a bit nervous, I've never been in bed with a boy. Last time we were only on the couch, no covers and we were intoxicated so that helped calm my nerves. My heart monitor started beeping faster and faster which made him chuckle and me blush.

"No need to be nervous you're mine now, I got you" I blushed again.
I was cool on the outside but was boiling on the inside!

Once I got more comfortable I felt safe and warm in his arms. I missed his smell and his beautiful jawline under those nice, soft ,chocolate lips....

"There you go over thinking again."

"I was over thinking about you!"

"Well stop thinking and rest" I snuggled into him and before I knew it, my eyes were closed and I was sleep.

.....

I could feel the warm sun shining on my face and I've never been so happy to see it. It was 8:26am Branden and Brit were still asleep but my mom was gone. My throbbing migraine was now a mild headache and I felt a lot stronger. I slowly wiggled out of Branden's arms and tip toed to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and my head was stitched and wrapped up, I didn't even realize how seriously I was hurt. I rinsed out my mouth, washed my face and fixed my wild bird's nest of hair. I walked out the bathroom and slowly tip toed back into the room and slid into bed. I watched his chest rise and fall. I inched up to his mouth slowly to kiss him and he smiled and pulled me on top of him.

"...Branden please..."

"Stop..... I'm fine, YOU'RE fine."

I slowly moved off of him back onto the bed.

"Can we please move at my pace....?"

He stared at me for a minute. Then got up and walked out.