Chapter 1

"Y/n! I need you to go out front!" My boss yelled. I picked myself up from my drawing pad and went out front. I approached the bar. It has been a year and a half since Townes, his name still makes me shiver, I am now 24 years old and I think I may be ready fro another relationship. I got to the front of the bar and waited. Then after a few minutes, someone entered. And fuck me, I think I died.

He had a black cowboy hat and a black coat, with some worn down black jeans, he had a greyish black button up shirt and another black shirt done up. He had blonde hair that was swept over his face but some strands were falling over his face. I noticed a knife on his jeans. Fuck this guy was the definition of hot. No one else could change me mind. Oh no. He came over to the bar and I couldn't take my eyes off him. Stop looking at him you idiot. Maybe draw in your book. I opened my notebook and picked up a pen and started writing.

Let's look at what I was wearing, I was wearing a Black pinafore that went down to my knees with a white t-shirt over the top. You could see my flower tattoo and my bracelet.* It was a silver chain bracelet with a matching necklace my hair was in a messy bun and a couple of my y/h/c locks were down. My boy shape wasn't skinny but I wasn't overweight. I was average.**

He sat down literally infront of me, my heart was racing the most it has. I looked up and locked eyes with him. "Hi, uhh, what do you want." I asked while trying not to go pink. "Hi, I'll just have a beer, I don't mind wich one, suprise me." His thick english accent came through the American. Just like mine. He smiled a crooked smile. I cannot express how much I was freaking out but I carried one, I fumbled about, I grabbed a drink and pushed it to him, he went to give me money and I said, "Oh, no, first drink here is always on the house if you have me, I haven't served you before so its on the house." I smiled. He chuckled and said, "Okay, if you insist." I nodded and started doing a little sketch of his face, I didn't realise he was watching untill he said, "Not bad, I would add a glint in the eyes if you can." I stopped and stared at him. "Shit, I'm sorry."
"It's okay, I like getting my face drawn."
"It's only for practice i swear i'm not creepy."
"I wasn't saying you were."
"I know, sorry."

I then placed the notebook on the bar bit and added more of a highlight on his eyes. He then laughed, "See? Most of the cameras don't get that." I was dying to know where this guy was from and I couldn't click it. He was referencing to being famous and he didn't look rich. I had seen him on a cover of a chess magazine! what's his name though, I can't say I know you without knowing his name.

"Are you Benny Watts?" I asked with a the slightest smile
"Yeah, Uh"
"Sorry, I don't think it changed you but you just seen different to what I expected."
"No, no I didn't mean like uhhh, I meant to ask your name, but uhm what did you think I was like?"
"Y/n Y/l/n, I mean a self absorbed dick that only cares about chess and sleeping with people and has a really big head."
"Well your right about that, just not the sex part." He chuckled and took a sip of his drink. Drinks mak me feel ill but I'm fine with touching them etcetera. "Nice name by the way." He said while resting his chin on his hand.
"Oh, thanks."

I started to look at his face as he looked at mine, It was like I could count the amount of freckles that he had and I noticed his lips looked really soft. His fluffy hair was still swept over his face and when he moved it, I noticed his hazel eyes.
"Why do you have a knife?"
"Ill tell you, if I can buy you a drink first." He smirked. My heart skipped a beat
"S-s-ure, I finish my shift in half an hour so if you can wait till then."
"Sure," silence fell upon us again and a new person came into the bar and I took his order.

The half an hour took ages. He was savouring that free beer as much as he could and I caught him staring a few times when I wan't staring at him. Finally Janis came out of the kitchen and said, "Your done!" I smiled and grabbed my bag, I walked over to him and he said, "So, another bar?" I nodded and when I turned to Janis her mouth dropped.

We approached the next bar along and we got a seat at the bar. "Alright so answer my question." I said smirking,
"Uhh, I haven't bought you a drink yet so..."
"Fine."
"Your cute when your annoyed." He said. And my heart picked up a little.

*If you don't like the outfit then you can have whatever you want, your taste is your taste and who am I to tell you what to wear, this includes all of the outfits that y/n will wear, anyways back to the story
**This story is going to include insecurities about this like my own :) and so it will be that Y/n wants to be skinny and if you want to be more large then just change the words to that (In your mind) omg I need to stop getting sidetracked. But if you don't like your looks that I put then just don't read it. ALSO no one needs to be insecure about your body cause it holds you! I'm just adding it so I can make the story a little bit more interesting.

A/N= Hello! Wow! First chapter done! I don't know how long this story will be but lets be optimistic! Anyway I will try to update when I can! Love you all!
15.04.2023
1075 Words