Chapter 25

Knocking on the door i always had a key to enter, my stomoch pulls and jolts woth butterflies, I'm so excited to see Mary, but she probably hates me, because I stopped contact for nearly 2 years. The door opens and Mary stands there, she is in a blue dress and her long black hair has been cur short into a little bob, she stares at me and then sais, "So you leave me - that's fine, you don't keep in contact and then Benny knocks on my door begging to tell me if he has seen you and I haven't heard from you, he starts crying and I find out that not only your family have taken you away, you are engaged!" I stand there, just realising how much I have hurt Mary. "Had a pretty full schedule am I right..." she sais, then she pulls me into a hug. And I relax into the hug that I have missed so much.

"So fill me in on the details." Mary says, ten minutes later, I am sat on Mary's sofa with a coffee in my hand,
"Well, I found Benny" I said
"Honey, i want to know it all, every detail from the moment you left our apartment 2 years ago to now. I need to check up on you, I can make the judgment on wether you are okay or not."
"Okay fine, so me and Benny went on a date, the day I left our apartment, then we went over to the chess competition, and it was just perfect, I met Beth Harmon, and Benny was playing chess and I was painting, it was amazing, then we got to the last day of the tournament, Benny was up against Beth, and Benny was loosing, then an opportunity opend up to let Benny win, but he thought about...well us, he said that we didnt have time to go to those tournaments, so he resigned the game, then when I went to talkt o him about it...we fought and he said that maybe we shouldn't see eachother, and then when I left the room in tears, my parents were there with my fiancee, they took me away to the life that I ran away from the first place. Then a year later, me and my fiancee wet to a chess ball or something like that, and..." I heard a thump, Mary sprung up and ran over to her room. She came back in moments later and I got up and said, "What was that."
"Oh that!?" she began, laughing, "Well it's uhm nothing don't worry, you were saying?"
"Mary...who is in your room?"
"I said no one! Don't worry!" she tried laughing it off but I got up and walked into her room. Nothing, I whipped around, I heard some breathing, Mary ran in and said, "Please Y/N! I don't want you to get upset! Not that you would or anything" I walked over to the wardrobe and I flung it open, there stood a girl about my age, she had blond long hair that was in 2 plaits, she had some blue jeans on and a white crop top, she locked eyes with me and I said, "You got a new roomate?"
"I-I-I" Mary began, she locked eyes with the girl and the girl said,
"Well, we kinda aren't roomates..." she got out.
"Well if you aren't roomates then why on earth are you hiding her in your wardrobe." I looked round her room, there was a double bed, a few peices of clothing were strewn on the floor, Mary had short hair, this girl was in her wardrobe. Then it all clicked into place. "You guys aren't friends are you?" Mary started stuttering again. I looked at mary and said, "You guys are together...like me and Benny, but 2 girls."
"Wha- that's that- no- w- we-"
"Don't lie to me Mary." I turned to the girl and said, "You guys are together aren't you?"
"Yes we are." the girl glared at me.
"Okay." I said

"That's it!" Mary screamed, "Okay!?"
"Yeah I don't see a problem with it. If you guys wanna be together then that's that." I said, I turned to the girl and said, "You are both very lucky to have found eachother."
"Thank you." the girl's face fell and she relaxed, she hugged mary and placed a kiss on her forehead, "You don't understand how hard it is to be together with no one knowing."
"Why can't no one know?"
"Well- Minnie here, she got kicked out of her house because her parents found out that she would rather marry girks than boys. It is frowned upon in society to be like this." said Mary
"I don't care, if you guys wanna be together then that's that." I said, "Come on! I am dying to know how this happend? Cause Mary you had your boyfriend, what's his name-"
"Mark. Yeah well it's a long story, and I want ot know about you beforehand."
"Oh my god Mary, just bloody tell me!"

"Well, it was a year ago and I was at the bar, and she walkd in, she had her bags and she sat next to me, I was drawn to her instantly but I just thought it was platonic, and we started talking, next thin we know, I am walking her back to my apartment, she gets set up in your room, I put your clothes in storage, then I enterd her room and we sat down on her bed and we started talking again, we got closer and closer, untill well, we...we," they started giggiling. "We kissed and then well..." Mary trailed off and went red,
"What happend?" I asked
"I can;t tell her, I will laugh too much."
"Well we...started making out and then yeah..."
"Oh! Oh I am sorry i didn't mean to be..."
"it is okay don't worry. It's kinda nice to brag about how..."
"I'm leaving now!" I yelled, getting up and they were giggling and I heard a kiss as I shut the door behind me. I picked up Mary's phone and dialled a number, the phone clicked and I heard a voice, "Hello?"
"Hi Beth it's Y/N"
"Y/N! This sin't Benny's number! What's up?"
"Well basically I'm round my friends hoouse and I have an idea."
"Shoot it then."
"How do you feel about having 2 new bridesmaids!"

A/N= Helloooo, hope you guys enjoy this chapter, this was quite a nice and easy chapter to write, love you all xx
22.10.2023
1109 words