Chapter 6

The morning sun came up and I could hear the busy traffic. Benny wasn't led beside me, I slowly sat up and stretched. The bedroom door opened, and Benny walked in. He had a tray of food and drinks and he sat beside me, he had a tropical shirt that was not buttoned up. I noticed this and went red. He chuckled and said, "Hard to not look at it huh?" I rolled my eyes and replied,
"Only if you aren't so full of yourself Watts."
"Well eat up, we have gotta get going soon, if we want to get there in time for the schedules."
"Okay sir" I laughed while saluting him
I finished up my breakfast and got out of bed, finding my clothes from last night strung on the floor, so I slipped them on and walked out of the room. Benny was shirtless and he was packing his things. I washed up and grabbed my suitcase. Benny walked into the bedroom and got changed. I went through the last things in my suitcase in the main room.

He came out of the room with his suitcase and passes me his hat and said, "Let's get out of this place.". We got in the car and Benny started driving. He started the conversation smoothly with, "So where would you want to live?" I thought long and hard for a long time.
"Somewhere safe, maybe a nicer part of New York, I don't really know. Why?", Benny strummed his hand against the steering wheel and said,
"I don't know, I just wanted to know." I smiled. Silence hung in the air and so I decided to break the quietness with another weird question.
"Why did you sleep with Harmon?" Benny was quiet, he went to go speak, but he couldn't, he turned left in the car and finally spoke,
"I always thought that I needed to be with someone who likes the same interests as me, Harmon had that quality, we had spent a lot of time with eachother and we were both attracted to eachother. Nothing else really." I nodded. We drove on saying nothing.

We pulled into a services after half an hour to get some bits for the journey, Benny opened the door for me and hooked an arm round my back, I chucked his hat on his head. We walked in and went into the cafe, he sat down at a table and said, "Coffee?" I nodded and said
"Ill go get a book and some bits for the journey, be right back, don't miss me too much Watts" He sniggered and smirked,
"I'll try not to."
"Good." I walked of smiling, going into the shop and looking through books. I found Benny's, I smiled and found a book about a love story, I found some word searches and some food. At the till, the guy wouldn't stop staring, "Do you mind?" I muttered just enough so that he could hear it. He looked over at me, locking me in the eyes and said, "Sorry, I can't help it, but I could help you take those clo-" I slammed down $20 and grabbed my stuff and walked away, not looking back into his disgusting face. Walking into the cafe, Benny was reading a newspaper, I was shaking, I sat down and tried to regulate my breathing. Benny looked away from his newspaper the second I sat down. "What happend?" He said, placing his hand over my hand, I slowly locked eyes with him, "Guy, staring, disgusting line, staring." his jaw clenched, he didn't say a word and was brushing my fingers up my hand.

We left the place and started driving, Benny was still silent, I was worried. I didn't want him saying all if this stuff and upsetting me and then our relatiionship going all wierd. My leg started to bounce up and down. Then his hand met my leg and it slwoly stopped. "Sorry." he said, "I just don't think that it is fair that you are treated like this. I mean, you deserve so much more than what you have been given over the last few years." I smiled,
"Do you want to play a game?" he asked
"Sure, as long as it isn't chess cause your going to bear my a-"
"Why would I make you play a game if you were going to loose anyway." he smirked playfully
"Don't be so full of yourself Watts" I scoffed
"Okay so the game is that I will tell you a fact and you have to tell me if it is true or false about me, and then if you get it right then you have a go."
"And I thought I was the one who made up the wierd games."
"Do you want to do it or not L/N?" he laughed
"Yes I will" I laughed.

"Okay I will go first." Benny said while making a turn onto the motorway, "I can play piano."
"That's true, you have really long fingers, duh" I smiled
"Fine your turn." He rolld his eyes playfully
"I've only kissed one person."
"False." he blurted out, "I cannot believe that someone who looks and acts like you has only been kissed by one man."
"Your wrong! Only him" I said, realsing that this was not a good idea to talk about this, my leg started shaking again as I rememeberd something.

"You flirted with her! She is 14!" I yelled in the car, it was almost midnight and we were driving home from a chess tournament where he was reporting some things.
"Come on Y/N! I never! I was just being friendly! And anyway, you always flirt with other guys at the bar!"
"No, no! I swear! You started to get closer and closer!"
"Just SHUT UP!" he screamed, making a turn quickly, nearly bashing into other cars. I couldn't believe him, I don't flirt with guys, I always kindly decline if they ask me out or anything like that. Just because he sees it and thinks differently. TW He started driving faster and faster. "Townes!" I yelled, he was going to crash, he was going to crash, I am going to die.
I am going to die.
"I hope we crash! I hope you don't get out when we do!" he started going even faster, I ouldn't see anything, I could just see the anger on his face.
"You dont mean that." I said, "Please Townes, slow down!"
"No!" he started to turn a left then a right. Cars were honking their horns and he was swearing. He was drunk. He didn't know what he was doing. He then stopped the car and got out. I got out aswell and stood by him. End of TW. He turned to look at me. He shoved his lips onto mine and said, "Admit you cheated and I'll still love you."

"Y/N?" Benny whisperd, making me look at him, we had stopped, we were at the side of the road, "Are you okay?" my heart flutterd into my chest and I asked, "What happend?"
"You just started shaking and your eyes were closed. I was just cheking that you are okay."
"Yeah, just thought about how manipulative he was."
"Oh okay, we only have a few more hours left of the car journey. Shall we?"
"We shall" I smiled and he carried on driving.

"Come on!" I said.
"Yeah, it's false!"
"More or less?!"
"I'm not going to say." he said while changing gear and giving me a crooked smile.
"Wha- so you have kissed more than 8 females!"
"I never aid that it was more." he chukled
"I know but it sounded like you intended it!"
"Do you really want to know how many femaled I have kissed?" He laughed
"Yes!" I threw my hands up
"Four to be exact, but I wouldn't mind if you added to the list..." He went pink as he realised what he said
"Real smooth Watts, real smooth."
"I'll do another one." he said, "Me and Harmon are still together." My heart dropped, I mean- of course he wan't, he took me out on a date, 2 to be exact but he could of been dating Beth this whole time. "False?"
"I was not expectign you to take that long to answer." he laughed and I went red. "Of course its false! I could never date someone like her!" I almost burt out laughing, "Anyway she is dating someone, but I hope he drags her away from chess so I can beat someone that she can't"
"Hey!" I say slapping him on the arm, "That's mean."
"I hope it happens though."

"Benny I do acctually have a question just so you know."
"Fire away love." love? he called me love, he called me love! love love love love love!
"When you said that you would lay it down on chess, wha did you mean?"
"Well, let's say we live on the outskirts of New York." We? he was talking about us? "I would play in good chess tournaments and we would take the kids but It isn't fair to travel around the world too much with them. But we have ages before then, lets just enjoy now."
"You know what's funny?" I said, "How I was in like a couple of years relationsip with him and we never ever spoke about this."
"Yeah, I mean always have wanted kids,n but I have never spoken freely about it wit someone, especially with a woman because they only want me to say that they have me."
"What was your first thought about me when you walked into that bar?"
"Hmmm, I would say it was something like, 'Where have you been all my life?' ."
"Mine was, oh god this is stupid 'This guy is the definition of hot'." My cheeks went red and he nearly burst out laughing
"Really?" I nodded.
"Oh look we are here."

AN= Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been active for a while but i'm back and I have got some really cool ideas about what's going to happen next! Love you all xx Ps. Having problems with Wattpad again so sorry i I have repeated myself...
02.07.2023
1702 words