Chapter 15

The party in in 30 minutes. In 30 minutes I am going to be introduced as Mr Richards lucky fiancee. I was staring in the mirror, in the dress that my mother picked out, and I hated it. It didn't fit properly, so I went into my bag and picked out my black dress, the one that Mary picked lout for me, god I missed her as well. I placed it on, with some black heels and my hair was down, and 2 strands were pinned back into a plait. I slipped on my black heels and took a deep breath. I put some light makeup on. Knowing that this night will definitely end in tears. I stepped out of the room and met Mr richards. There was 10 minutes untill the party. I wanted something to drink. But I had to wait untill the party. That party had already started and we were going to be the last people to be announced. I wasn't looking forward to it. I wanted to go stupidly dancing and run around in the dark, letting myself go and be free, but I was stuck here, here with him, stuck going to boring parties. I know that if me and Benny were to go to them together, we would have fun then go out for a proper party, in a pub or something like that. But that wasn't my life anymore, I had to get used to the life that my mother picked out for me.

Thomas took my arm and growled, "Stand up straight, you are a Lady now, you need to greet people with me, only when I say you can go off on your own."
"Actually I will go off on my own whenever I like, this is my party as well." he was silent. I know what he wanted to do, but any second we could be announced and he did not want to be known as the man who abused his fiancee, now that would be awful. Quite a few prestigious people came out of the room and spoke to him, he let go of me and just left me there, standing there like a sour lemon. I didn't hear anything of the conversation, not that I wanted to. Then they stood back and entered the room, "What was that about?" I asked
"Oh, nothing to do with you, why would they want anything to do with you."
"I don't care if it is about me, but considering that it made your fiancee look like a sour lemon, what is it about."
"Like I just said, nothing to do with you!" he yelled, luckily no one heard, I had led my suitcase near my room, so I was going to excuse myself from the party, grab my suitcase and get the hell out of that place. I couldn't spend any longer in this life, I stull have the mass amount of money that I got from my paintings. I would catch a taxi, and make a run for it, back to New York. Back to Benny. I knew I could do it.

Then I heard the announcement, "Plase welcome Mr Richards and his new fiancee, Mrs Richards." They were announcing me as an accessory of him. But not to worry, the doors open and hundreds of eyes met mine.

Showtime.

- Third person POV -
Benny, Beth and Tim were waiting in the party, Benny picked up a champagne glass and went to drink it but Beth grabbed it and said, "I'll let you know when you can drink it." he rolled my eyes and said,
"Come on Beth, it is my party too."
"No, you have been sober for what? almost 48 hours, not yet, close but not right now, come on, lets just wait untill the lovely couple get introduced."
"Ugh, fine." Benny said, twisting his head to look at the door, they were coming out in another 15 minutes, I wonder what Y/N is doing right now? Probably drawing at home or doing something that I would of loved to do with her. God I miss her so much. He thought, the room was filled with chess stars and prodigy's I mean, I was standing next to me best friend Beth Harmon. Men were coming from all directions to talk to me and her. Asking stupid questions like "Are you guys romantically involved?" And we both laughed, Beth would tell them about her husband and when it came to me, I was desperate to talk about her, But obviously I couldn't, I would just have to laugh and make a snarky remark. I always wondered what would happen if my mother and father appeared here and asked if I was married and I would have to say, "No mother, No father, I fell in love with a girl and we had a stupid fight and I have no clue where she is, or if she is dead or alive at the moment, I will probably be single untill I die now, cause I won't be able to find anyone who is like her in any way. I mean she was Y/N, she found joy out of the smallest things,a nd she saw me for me, not as a chess player, the only girl that loved me for being Benny."

"Benny!" Beth yelled, Benny snapped out of it and she beckoned to a girl who was making her way over to him. But she walked past, What would of he done if she did ask him out? Say no? What would his excuse be? Then all of a sudden a few men walked towards the doors and they banged it open speaking to this Mr Richards about something that seemed pretty important, then they came back out of the doors and spread back out, The speaker came on and spoke, "Please welcome Mr Richards and his new fiancee, Mrs Richards." The doors opened and this very posh couple walked out, Mr Richards was looking straight ahead and the Mrs Richards was smiling at everyone around her, she seemed like a very affectionate person. My heart tugged and ached but I didn't kow why. Then Beth whisperd, "Oh shit." And she beckoned to the girl and when I focused my eyes, My heart picked up and my body came out of its deep sleep.
After a whole year.

It was Y/N.

- Y/N POV -

The people were smiling at me and I was smiling at them. Over to my left, I heard a young voice whisper, "Oh shit." I turned to see it and it was Beth, then I focused my eyes to the tall, attractive man next to her. My heart hammered in my chest and my body electrified.
After a whole year.

It was Benny.

A/N= Oooooooooohhhhh its the first look. Going to get one uploaded tomorrow if I can. Love you all xoxo
25.07.2023
1162 words