Chapter 2

After hours of talking and drinking (coke and lemonade, of course it wasn't alcohol) and talking and connecting the bar was finally closing. We left and he walked me back to my flat and before we said goodbye I said to him, "I had a lot of fun tonight Benny, Thank you, uhm, Can i get your phone number so we could do this again." He nodded and wrote it on the back of my hand, and he didn't let go of it, "Uhm, also, I've been asked wether I would like to paint some chess games in Toronto, and I don't know if you are going cause you would be the only person I know. I didn't become friends with you for that I swear but I just wanted to know if you are going?"
"I am going, playing Harmon, and I don't mind driving you there if that makes it easier." His thumb traced my hand, I opened my flat door and said,
"Yes, that would, It's next week, so I'll see you then?" He nodded and kissed my hand and I shut the door.

I slid against the door and I couldn't wipe my smile off my face, Me roommate came out of the room and she said, "Oh shit," I nodded and she then screamed. My roommate is called Mary, she pulled me off the floor and said, "The single pringle met someone!" I started laughing. Mary is the best person ever. She moved in a year ago and we just click. she is the best friend I coud ever ask for. "Sooo, who is the lucky guy!"
"Well you know I'm going to Toronto next week?"
"Yeah, you are painting at a chess tourna- No fucking way! A chess player!" I nodded through my blush.
"Not just a chess player, one of the most famous. Not that that matters." I laughed, I grabbed the chess review and layed the front cover on the page. My heart was hammering in my chest and I noticed how light my right hand was, it had his phone number engraved on it and he kissed it.
"Ahhhhhh!" She squealed, "The benny watts! So, what happend!?". I grabbed her hand and showed her my right hand. She was jumping with joy. Mary has a boyfriend and h is really nice, I don't mind if he moves in here, cause he's really nice. "So he walked into the bar and sat infront of me and started a light conversation, I told him I knew who he was and when I asked him what he had a knife for, he told me that he would answer if he bought me a drink and we went to a bar and spen hours talking and he gave me his phone number so he is going to take me to Toronto!"

I placed the phone number in the phone book and jumped into the shower. Soaking myself in the bubbles before getting out and crash landing into my bed and falling asleep with a smile on my face.

In the morning, I woke up to Mary knocking on my door and saying, "Good morning lover girl, right, shopping time!" She pulled e out of bed and heaved me onto the table and said, "Eat, I have a special day planned."
"Why? What are we doing?"
"We are going shopping! You certainly need some new clothes to wear, considering a guy that bought you a drink is going to be there."
"My clothes are perfectly fine!"
"No, half of them are really long dresses that look like my grandmas! Considering when you got them as well." I thought for a while, I bought a load of new clothes after Townes. I shivered, "Fine, they need to look pretty and some jeans."
"Okay!"

After breakfast, Mary took me to the mall and we wandered round for about an hour but none of the clothes took my fancy, when we went into a shop, my breath caught as I looked at all of the beautiful dresses, Mary took a load and I picked out some Jeans and some oversized shirts. "For painting." She rolled her eyes and she said, "Changing rooms. now." The changing tooms were not separate, they were at the other side of the shop and they were near the entrance.

Mary gave me a blue dress that just went over my knees, it didn't compliment my body shape and when I whipped back the curtain, she said, "Nah, I don't like it."
"This isn't necessary."  I said while slipping on a longer red one. I started to twirl and I hated it. I likes pinafores or dungarees or jeans, or longer dresses that complimented my body shape. "I don't like it!" I yelled and I whipped back the curtain.
"No, definitely not."
"You know I like pinafores." I said while picking up a checked pinafore with a white turtle neck jumper. I placed it on and said, "There we go." I whipped the curtain back and said, "This is what  like to wear."
"Fine, but we need a nice outfit." She gave me a black long dress with small straps when i placed it on, I gasped, "Uh oh," Mary said, please don't say you hate it!" I whipped back the curtains and I gave her a twirl.
"I fucking love it." I said.

"Lets try some jeans." she said while giving me some black ones and a white button up shirt. I placed it on and said,
"Yup, it's perfect." whipped back the curtain and she smiled.
"Okay, a couple more," she gave me a black skirt and a white long sleeved shirt. Loved that one.

After a few more outfits and tries I finally got to the last one, she gave me a blue denim dress and with a belt round it. "I like it." I said while placing on my original clothes and whipping back the curtain one last time and we made out way to the till. We payed and exited the shop, "I have a surprise for you" Mary said while pulling me into the bathroom. "I picked this up yesterday and I want you to wear it today" It was a black long skirt nearly at my ankles with a white small t-shirt and a leather jacket. I nearly screamed. I put it on and gave her a twirl in the mirror. Mary gave me some gold necklaces and some rings and bracelets. I then slipped on some black slight heels and when we exited the bathroom. Someone called my name and when I turned, it was him.

(Just so you know, these outfits have been researched but i put a little spin on them so if you don't like them then change them to what you like.)

A/N= Hi all! Chapter 2 is done and I will try and get one wrote tomorrow!
15/04/2023
1170 words