Chapter 9

Halfway through the game, I was nearly done witht the picture, and I could see it, Benny was winning, he was winning by alot, he was smirking, the man was clinging onto his chance like clinging onto one rock on a mountain, it was nevver going to happen, the man kept on playing but it wasn't going to work, he was stuck, he laid down his king and got up, swiping his coat and storming off, nearly crashing into my painting, but I nudged him out of the way. So he couldn't. Benny slwoly leant back and said, "That was probably one of the most amusning game I have played in a long time." I smiled,
"Why?" I asked, touching up his face, but I couldn't look at the face, it was awful, I couldn't capture the story behind it.
"Well, he was a stupid player, making descisions that were fast and were not going to halp him later. And of course, because you were there." I blushed. He picked up his peie of paper and walked over to me. Hd placed an arm on my shoulder and said, "You're tense, what's wrong?"
"I can't get your face correct." Benny almost aughed but stopped himself.
"It looks perfect, I mean I can tell it's me."
"But I can't get the story behind it." I began, "Like this man, I don't know who he is so it is easy, but with you, I know everything, why your eyes are like that, why you are smirking - "
"Shhh," he said, taking my hand and pulling me up, "Take out the story, just paint me. Me, Mr Watts." Y/N Watts, that sounds right. We wnet to lunch and Beth and her man were there, we met and I shook his hand. Lunch was lovely, being surrounded by people that I like was exactly what I needed. I could get used to this.

The next game I decided to go with Beth and the guy she was playing against called Jeffreson. They began. Jeffreson was good, but Beth was incredible, she created this sort of world in her life where she is in control. I completed the sketch and I started painting the background when Benny walked by, carching smile from me as he went near the bar. There was another person there, he was whatching the game but also me. "Well then," He said, smirking at me and coming near me, "So there is something happening between you and Mr Watts then?" I was silent, I didn't want to talk, I locked eyes with Benny and he nodded, "It's nothing to do with you is it?"
"Well, If I was going to ask you out then it would be."
"Well I'm not intrested so it shouldn't matter."
"Wow, just because you grew up in a rich family or something and have had boys at your doorstep for years doesn't make you actually loveable." I ignored him. "Maybe you should get a life you selfish-" My hand met the table as i turned around, making Jeffrson jump, Benny yelled,
"L/N! Water!" he brought it over and glared at the man, he walked off. I was angry, no one knew my life and yet they had the audacity to think that I was -
"Y/N, are you okay?"
"Yup just fine."
"We can have a break if you need it." I shook my head, pushing down all of the bad thoughts and continued of painting

Half an hour later the game was finished but I just had to finish off the chess board, so I put the peices back into the position that I chose and startted to study it, the lighting, the composition and more, when I figured it out I started to paint it and I couldn't figure out where the black king went, and my mind went to the dream. What could it mean? I mean was I scared that Benny would find someone more chessey than me? I mean the girl inmy dream was gorgeous, I mean she was skinny and had perfect hair, her body was perfect, they just fitted together, how he held her hand - how he danced with her. All of a sudden I was on my feet, walking towards the board and glaring at the white queen, but I felt a pang in my heart, I felt like I was glaring at myself, I shook off the thought and tried to think of something other than the fake girl, she reminded me of what I wanted to be. I hung my head and took a deep breath, drying my palms on my dungarees and shaking my head. I placed my hands on the table and tried to think of how I could create this, then I just decided to whing it. I sat down and thought about it and then started painting.

I finished it. It looked really good. I then handed it in the receptionist and she smiled at me. I nodded and I turned, I realised that Benny had came behind me and I jumped. He placed an arm around me and we started to walk back up to our rooms. "Are you okay?" he asked me
"Yeah, just thinking of some stuff."
"Like what." he pressed, I didn't know how to say it. Hey Benny, so you know that dream that I had last night, it ended with you and a girl who was prettier, skinnier and better than me getting together and I am scared that that will happen in real life.
"Just stuff." I snapped, instantly covering my mouth and regretting it straight away.
"You dont have to say, I just wanted to make sure you weren't making that brain of yours do overtime." he smiled and my heart ached to tell him, but how would I word it.
"Benny..." I began, he leant against his door and I stood infront of him, "I-In the dream last night, uhm, the last bit was us in a dance hall or something and you were with a girl, who was everything I'm not, she was prettier, skinnier, had a better body shape. And, I-I guess that I'm scared that it will come true, or...or something like that.". Benny was silent, he locked my eyes and took my hands and opend the door to his room and pulled me in.
"Was the morning not enough to prove it to you." he said
"Benny, I-I-I'm just so confused."
"What are you confused about?"
"Why me? I mean Benny every single girl that you meet wants to flirt with you? Why me?"
"I-I don't know." he admitted, "You just make me fell secure and safe."
I got an impulse. I leant forward and kissed him quick. He grinned and said, "So much for taking it slow then." I rolled my eyes and said
"I wont kiss you then." I walked away over to the other side of the room and Benny ran over to me and looped his arms round my and lifted me up and said, "Now, I never said that." pressing his lips against mine. We came apart and put our foreheads together. He took a deep breath and put me down. "We better go."
"Benny?" I asked. He looked aver to the door and I started to walk out of it. I was confused again. What did I do wrong? I enterd my room and sunk against the door and put my head in my hands. What did I do? There was a knock on my door and I wiped my eyes and opend it, I was met with Benny's lips against mine. He placed his hand against my face and our foreheads knocked. "I'm sorry." he said
"Did I do something wrong?" I asked
"No,no, you are perfect, its just I am worried that I will mess it up."
"You wont, I promise." I smiled
"So do you want to have a date night tonight then?"
"Ooh, what are we doing then?"
"Well I was going to play some speed chess, but I want to spend time with you so, do you want to just stay here."
"Mhm, and do what?"
"Disscuss the future?" He asked
"Ohhh yeah." I said pulling him in and shutting the door behind us.

Hours later, I was sleeping on my own, arms wrapped around the duvet and Benny was about to leave and my night terror just started.

I was running, running from something. I heard him speaking, my heart was hammering in my throat and I was loosing control of my feet. It all went black, the darkness overtook me, I started drinking, smoking, doing the things that I used to do to cope. Then it trasitioned to Benny getting married to his white queen and I was sobbing my heart out. He had his white queen...

A/N= Hey guys! Another chapter done! Woo hoo! Some action here! Love you all xx
15.07.2023
1508 words.