Chapter 19

How do you explain how happy you are to your finacee that could do something awful at any time? Well you don't. I was spending the week days with Thomas, I was being a lady, going to things that bored me to bits. Laughing at boring jokes and engaging in dull conversations. Then it turned to the night. I would wait outside Benny's room and wait for him. He would open the door and I would throw my arms around me. And we would run through the city, hand in hand, going to bars and pubs and just enjoying eachothers company. Tonight he had a suprise for me, well considering that tomorow I was going to run away back to New York with him, we just had to get away from Thomas tomorow. I put on my black skirt and mini white top. I exited the room and went on my way to Benny's room. Passing Thomas. He didn't recognise me because I had my hair up and I wasn't in the outfit I normally wear. I don't think he had time to notice me because he was walking quickly.

I knocked on Benny's door but he didn't answer. Then someone pulled me from behind and took me downstairs. "Benny!" I said laughing, e=he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the hotel. I was running throught the night with him, "You brought some spare clothes with you didn't you?" I nodded and i said,
"I left them outside of your room."
"That's good." He said, pulling me round a corner. We slowed down to a walk and we approacked a fountain, with some grass near it. He pulled me down onto the grass and I sat down next to him. I looked over to make sure that no one was whatching.
"So what hare we doing here Watts?" I asked
"Well, i thought we could spend some time together, before tomorow. You know, jut in case we get seperated again."
"Why do you think that we are going to be seperated?"
"Well, yur finacee seems like a very - " I cut him off by kissing him. His hand met my face and he lead down on the grass. We came aprt slowly and he said, "What type of enviromentdo you want our children to grow up in?" I didn't realise that he said our children. Like that date night a year ago.
"Well, a safe space that they can love themselves no matter what. What about you?"
"Somewhere in a town, where I can still play chess at some place, where you can paint and where the kids can make friends." Benny said
"Yeah, what would we do if they found us?"
"So your saying that what would we do if your parents came knocking at our door demanding for you when we have children and a home?" I nodded.
"Well, they can meet thier grandfather, but we can keep them away from the others. And if our children grow up to resent us for it then we can tell them about it."
"Benny," I started, "Who was your first love?"
"Oh, I wouldn't think that you want to know."
"Well I do." I said
"Her name was Lily, she was a really bad chess player, she asked if I could teach her, we both started growing feelings for eachother and we started going out. My father found out, he was not happy, so we started hanging out at her house. We were a good couple, I mean I loved her, but we just didn't fit tooo good. It was more of lust, but we did love eachother. We ended on good terms, I think she is married and has a few children. Lovely woman though. Just wasn't right for me. Hey what about your first love?" I went pink. I didn't have one, Benny is the first man that I loved. I didn't da te anyone else when I was younger.
"Uh, well, he is still as handsome as he was the first time we met. he has a great personality and I could see my future ith him." Benny looked slightly jealous.
"Why did it end? if you thought that you were going to have a future with him." he asked, desperately trying to cover it up that he was jealous.
"We didn't end things. I got whisked away from my life with him to my old one. Then I finally founf him again. i'm still with him." realisation hit Benny's face.
"You have only loved me?"

I nodded. "I guess that's why I'm not very expirienced."
"Hey, I never said that," He said, rolling over to his back and sighing. "I just wasn't expecting it."
"Is that bad?"
"No! No, I don't know how to explain it. You have only loved one person? So you have never slept-" Benny could see that I was freaking out.
"Benny, I didn't love Townes, I haven't slept with anyone."
"Hey, it's okay," he said, sitting up and rubbng his finger over my knuckles. "I like it that I might be able to show you what that experience is like." I nodded, then I led on my back.

The sun was setting infront of those buildings, then the fountain lights turned on, it was one of the most beautiful things that I have ever seen. Benny got up and said, "Shall we dance My Lady." I laughed and took his hand, he pulled me into the fountain and he spun me around, then out of the corner, beth and Tim came, they saw us, and Beth said, "Come on Tim." she jumped in aswell, my skirt was soacked and me hair was soaked. But it was worth it. Benny picked me up and spun my around as I was laughing. We all put our arms round eachother and started to sway. it was the four of us. It was perfect. I Yelled, "I Love Benny Watts!" And then benny looked over to me and yelled
"I Love Y/N L/N!" Then beth said
"I Love Tim Smith!" Then Tim said
"I Love Beth Harmon!"

I picked up my clothes from outsides Benny's room and Benny went inside and grabbed his clothes, I grabbed his hand and took him up to my room. We both got changed and we both collapsed onto my bed. Laughing and giggling at eachother. Then I heard a knock on the door, "Y/N? it is Thomas, let me inside." I sat up and Benny was gone, He was hidbehind the curtain. Only noticible if you knew he was there. I opend up the door and Thomas stood there. He walked in and said, "Where were you, why si your hair wet."
"I had a shower." he said. he chukled and went over to the curtain, closed it and said,
"Then why is Benny fucking Watts in your room?" Benny stumbled out and said,
"Ah, Mr Richards, we meet again." But Thomas was having none of it. He brought out a gun and placed it to his head and yelled.
"Listen here Y/N L/N! Listen to me or bad things are going to happen. You hear me?"

A/N= Hello! Cliffhanger oooooh. We have passed 500 reads! Love you all xx
06.08.2023
1222 words