Chapter 29

"Yes! Benny yes of course I am okay with you doing that! Go!" I smiled

"I don't know, the thing is, going that will take weeks of training and then I would go for a week or two." he rubbed the back of his neck, "I don't want to do this unless you are okay with it."

"Benny, of course I am okay with it!" I said, "This might be your only opportunity to do this and I don't want you to blow it. Please, do it."

"Okay.", he then grinned excitedly and walked out of the room.

I smiled and thought for a moment, "Benny!", I yelled, "When is Beth's wedding?"

"2 weeks! Don't worry I will have a day off." he chuckled.

"What are we going to do about your parents and tomorrow?" I asked, thinking about how they think of me.

"I don't know." Benny walked in and sat on the bed, "I think that is going to have to be something that we figure out, but for now..." he smirked and got up, "I would like to spend the night with milady."

I giggled and said, "I will look for a dress for Beth's wedding soon. Oh! And I need to get Mary's and Minnie to come with me too!"

"Who is Minnie?", Benny asked. I froze. I promised them that I would not tell anyone about them.

"I-I" My mind started racing. "I can't tell you." I whispered, "I promised that I wouldn't tell anyone about it."

"Okay." He smiled and grabbed my hands, pulling me up and leading me to the sofa in the main room. "Promise me you aren't mad." I asked

"Of course not. I understand." he smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

"Are you sure, because if you were upset I would want you to tell me."

"Love, I am not upset at all." he smiled at me.

"Okay, lets go to bed."

---

The morning sun rose slowly, but I was up before then, pacing the main room back and forth, the letter in my shaking hands. Lump in my throat, my eyes swam with tears. Did I tell Benny? I didn't know what to do.

How does he know where I live?

Why did he send me a letter?

What does he want?

I read the letter over and over, trying to make the words go away. I knew they couldn't, but I wanted them to go.

Was he waiting for Benny to leave to talk to me?

What would he do if he spoke to me?

Would he hurt me again?

Questions overtook my mind. I looked over into the sun. And I loathed it. Why would it come up every day if it just left. Like happiness, what was the point in being happy if there is darkness?

I grabbed the curtains and shut them quickly, leaving the apartment in darkness. I looked at the letter again and read it.

Y/N

You can run from you fiancée and everything else in your life. Including me. But they will come and find you eventually. And so will I.

Townes

There was a silence in the apartment. I needed to leave. I grabbed the keys and walked out. Letting the summer air hit my face. I squinted at the sunlight. Walking through the bustling streets. I walked into the bar that me and Benny met and saw Benny's mum. I sat down beside her without thinking.