Chapter 8

I woke up. I noticed that a figure is underneath me. I nearly screamed. But then I notice his golden hair and I relax. He smiles at me. "Benny? I don't remember you being here last night." I say, he is led underneath me with his arms locked around my waist.
"I wasn't, well I did come in eventually, when you wouldn't shut up." He smirked. I tried wriggling my way out of his arms but he was suprisingly strong.
"Benny! What was I saying last night?" I asked pushing my arms on the bed and hovering over him.
"Well, to be honest, I thought you were getting attacked." My heart stopped. I was having them again. I went pale and Benny noticed that my breathing was out of control. He wraped his arms round my and pulled my close so I could hear his heartbeat on his bare chest (Again, seriously does he just happen to have his t-shirt off whenever i'm around) "Was I screaming?" I asked, I didn't need the answer, I knew it already.

I was having my night terrors again.

"It started off with you yelling townes over and over again, then you were screaming for help, that was when I came in, luckily I had your spare key, and when I came in, you were thrashing out and screaming my name and then help, it kind of looked like you were drowning." Benny mumred into my hair, Drowning - yes I remember drowning. "So I decided to help you. I got into bed and held you. You started crying lightly and whispering things. It was wierd but like the second that I got there you completely calmed down." I was quiet. I didn't want to move. I couldn't believe I was having them again.
"I was doing so good." I whisperd letting a warm tear slowly slide down my cheek. Benny held my face and put my forehead against his.
"What do you mean?" He asked
"I mean, when I stopped dating him I got these night terrors, where I would start screaming because I was so scared of the nightmare. They would be vivid. The one that happend last night started off as normal and then it just spirraled into hell."
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, just a little shaken up that's all."
"Okay, I'm up against A random guy I have never heard of before today, are you going to paint it?" I nodded.
"Shall we get up," I said, attempting to get up but he held me down, then he got out but when I tried to get out, he lifted me up in his arms and then placed me down.
"Benny." I groaned. He laughed and left my room, the second the door shut, I melted to the floor and a wave of emotions hit me, I started sobbing my heart out. How could this happen, after a at least 6 months, it had got worse. Pull yourslef together, you are fucking Y/N, L/N. You don't need to cry about this, you will be perfectly fine.

Then the door opend, and his figure enterd, he looped his arms round me and started murmering things. Things that made my heart slow completely down and I took a shuddering breath. Steadying myslef so I could get up better. He got up and then walked out of the room, leaving me there, but I felt Okay? I don't know how but I felt like things were going to be okay? They are! They will go away at some point.

I got changed and left the room, not bothering with makeup, I didn't need any today, Benny was downstairs speaking to Beth and I walked down the stairs, Beth had gone extremely pale, and she was silent. She started nodding, nodding and nodding. Then she turned to me. I knew this was my queue, Benny placed an arm around me and Beth looked at me in the eye. Noticing the scars and bruises, her hand felt her mouth as it opend. He told her.
He told her.
He told her.
He told her.
He told her.
But I was okay with it. I'm glad that he told her, she deserves to know. "I'm sorry I didn't get your permission." Benny began, "Beth wonderd where you were and she started queationing things, I thought it was the best way, because then she can say away from him."
"I'm not mad." I smiled, "I mean, people i'm close with are going to have to find out, but why does she need to stay away from him."
"We are friends." she said. My eyes went wide, he flirted with her, she was a teen. And she didn't realise that he was a monster. He's that good at hiding it. I was silent, I mean what else was I supposed to say?

"I don't want anything to do with him, I mean he was very touchy but I didn't realise tha-" Beth trailed off, realising it. I nodded slowly and she locked my eyes and said, "I know this sounds stupid but, I'm so, so sorry." I smiled
"I can't change it, it happend so I would rather not mention it."
"Isn't PTSD meant to be spoke about instead of pushed away?" Beth asked, looking concerned.
"Yeah, but no one believed me, it's been a year, so I don't mind speaking about it but not yet, it will take time but I'm doing good."

We all spoke normally as more people came in, but I felt bad for Beth, losing a best friend and realising what a horrible person they are must be hard. When I got into my room, I went to trun around to shut me door but some arms snaked around my body and my heart picked up. It was Benny, I looked up and smiled. "Are you okay?" he murmerd into my forehead, I nodded,
"Now I am." I laughed, he smiled and he said,
"Do we have to go..." I nodded, slowly and he groaned, makingmy heart flutter slightly. I turned around and let my arms find his neck and they circled it, he leant back against the door, I was on my tippy toes and I kissed him on the cheek, but I caught his lips, he smiled and tilted his head down so I could relax. And no, fireworks did not go off or anyhting cliche but it felt safe and secure, I could get very used to it, he was gentle, he held me calmly and I felt like I was flying.

We came apart slowly and I placed my head on his chest. He fiddled with my hair, it was down, I sighed and left him, grabbing my art things and then plaiting my hair and then letting two bits down. Benny was frozen, he wouldn't move, was he going into shock? I mean I know that I am a good kisser but am I that good? I wnet to go out of the doot but he picked me up extended his arms so I was above him, I was right above his head and our noses touched,
"Benny." I laughed and said, "I need to go", Benny pouted  "You need to too, unless you want to let that man win the game and potentialy go up against beth and miss your chance of winning?" Benny put me down but said,
"I don't know, it would probably be worth it but seeing Harmon beat a man that easily in a final would be annoying."
"Then lets go dummy."
"Oh I'm the dummy?" He said, exiting the room and walking down the stairs
"Now I feel bad," I said
"No! No! Don't feel bad! I was joking!"
"I know dummy!"
"I hate you!" he moaned
"No you don't." I smiled
We both sat down in our positions and when he picked up the peice to play, I picked up the pencil, and we both began.

A/N= Woaah! A bit of action here, more soon! Just wait, patience guysss. I'll try to get more uploaded this week or at least get one uploaded. Love you guys!
09/07/2023
1372 words