Chapter 26

Me, Benny, Beth and Tim enterd a pub near mine and Benny's place. We found a table in the busy place and Benny set up the chess board. Beth sat opposite him and they began the chess game, they were moving the peices very qiuckly. "How does Beth not get bored of playing against Benny?" I asked Tim. He shrigged his shoulders,
"She always sais that she admires his technique and she wants to pick up on it." Tim smiled at Beth and said, "I don't know what goes through her head but I love her for it." I smiled. They truly were in love. "How does Benny not get bored of playing Beth." I tried not to snort with laughter.
"It's cause he wont accept it that she is better that him."
"Hey!" Benny yelled, "Whose side are you on!?" I laughed and said sarcastiacally,
"You my love." Catching Beth's eyes and winking at her.

They played on untill Beth won. And Benny was being real sour about it. "Benny..." I said, his attention shifted to me straight awa y and he smiled. His eyes squinted when he smiled and he then said, "I'm fine, don't worry."
"I know you are, I'm going ot get another drink. Anyone want one?" I noticed how quickly I had drunk my coke, and my mind went beserk.

-Three years before-

*TW* I sat a bar, with a dry martini in my hand, sipping away quickly, fininshing it in record time. The bartender noticed this and turned to me, "You are drinking those real quick aren't you."
"Well your job isn't to judge what I do with my life, you are supposed to serve me."
"I know my job is that, but I am concerned for you, I haven't seen anyone finish a martini that quick." I fumbled ariund in my purse and slammed down another 10$ and I said, "Want me to really impress you."
"I can't serve you anymore." I rolled my eyes and gave him another 10$
"I'm not going to give you anymore, that's the rules. If I say no, then I can't give you anymore drinks. It's house rules."
"Fine I'll just go somewhere else then, they will give me a proper martini."
"I understand that it is not my place to ask but are you okay?" The Bartender asked, he stared at me and I started laughing. The pain I felt as I laughed was aching, how I wanted to end it all. If I could I would, but how many people would I hurt doing it. So I won't. It will get better. I will count on it. But as I laugh, the tears start, I try to laugh it off, as the laughs turned into sobs and the sobs tured into gasps for air. The whole world started spinning as I thought about it long and hard.

I need it to stop.
I need it to stop.
I need it to stop.
I need it to stop.
It needs to stop.
It needs to stop.
It needs to stop.
It needs to stop.
It needs to stop.
Just stop.
Just stop.
Just stop.
Just stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop...

-Present day -

I stumbled over to the counter. Taking deep breaths. This isn't your life anymore Y/N. I orderd another coke and the set of drinks. I sat on the bar, my leg shaing up and down. The bartender turned. And it was him. The one from 3 years ago. The coincidence messed with my head. "You know you really shocked me that night, how quickly you downed that martini, I haven't seen anyone beat it yet." I smiled and laughed.
"Paul Mcjagger." his hand held out, waiting for me to shake. I held ou my hand aswell and said,
"Y/N Y/L/N, thank you for not giving me anymore drinks that night."
"It was never a house rule."
"I gatherd that." I grinned, getting up and walking back to the table, and I set the drinks down, I didn't realise how much my adrenaline was going. I started to take deep breaths and Benny turned to me, his hand met mine under the table and he said, "You okay?"
"Yeah, just thought of things that happend a few years back, in this place - got my adrenaline kicking I guess."
"We can leave if you want, this is your night aswell."
"I know I-"

The door opend and some people walked in, the man was very formal and the woman looked lovely, there was a boy about Benny's age, they locked eyes with me and I turned my head. Benny's eyes were wide and his mouth was slightly parted. The woman walked over to our table and threw her arms around Benny, she was an average woman, she had blonde hair and blue eyes. She clitched Benny tight and when they parted Benny got up and shook hands with the older man. He looked very tense. The younger man gave benny a side walk. "Benny why don't you invite these people to sit down with us?" I blurted out. I coverd my mouth. He turned to me and his eyes softend. He said, "Mum, Dad, Jacob, would you like to join us?"
"Yes Benny!" The woman sat down and started talking to Benny, "We have missed you so much, I know I haven't seen you since when you left, those letters are not enough! You have to see your dear mother more Benny! Now, who are these people."

Benny smailed at me, "Well this is Elizabeth Harmon and her fiancee Tim." Benny's mother shook hands with them both, she was in black jeans and a long grey t - shirt. She then turned to me and said, "And this wonderful woman." My heart pulled. She called me a woman.
"Well. Mother, this is uhm -"
"So Benny, still playing chess are we? I bet you wont make enough money to live in a house like us."
"Manny!" The mother snapped, "Benny chose this life, I support him!"
"Well Father, I have a simple life, I have everything I need, infront of me, there isn't anything else I need."
"So you are living a solo life."
"Well if you let me fini-"
"Where do you live? I hope you aren't homeless."
"I am not."
"Lets see it then."

Half an hour later, we were walking with Benny's parents, Benny was infront and I was behind with Jacob. "So..." Jacob began, "You single?"
"Wha- I- I-" Benny turned and glared straight into Jacobs eyes, he rolled them and we walked in silence. We approached the apartment. Beth and Tim left us and Benny opend the door to the apartment.

A/N = hey guys! I decided to stop this chapter now so I can work on the next chapter withoug leaving you guys without a new chapter. TYSM for all of the reads and likes ect. Love you all xx
17.11.2023
1165 words