Chapter 7

"Y/N Y/L/N and Benny watts." Benny said to the receptionist. We were checking in at the hotel at the chess tournament in Toronto. It was a beautiful place wit chandeliers and posh things everywhere. It reminded me of what my parents house used to be. Before I moved out. the woman was desperately trying to flirt with Benny and he was having none of it. She handed us the keys in a huff and muttered some stuff under her breath. Benny walked me up the stairs, he carried my suitcase and our rooms were right next to eachother. "I asked specifically so you can talk to me whenever you want." I smiled and took my stuff in my room, and before Benny entered he said, "I'm going to talk to Harmon, we haven't caught up since her and her boyfriend got together." I smiled again and said, "Have fun Benny. I need to get my art supplies and my schedule so I'll see you soon." I closed the door and sighed. Something was happening to me. I was scared that he would break my heart - but he has been so nice to me lately. I don't know.

- Third person POV -

He walked down the stairs and noticed the red haired girl, she turned and smiled at him. He wandered over and embraced her with a hug. When they separated, Benny said, "So, hows Tim?" Beth started to talk about him, how they have stopped fighting lately and how they love themselves and more. Benny was happy, Beth deserved to have someone to love. Beth looked at the top of his head and noticed his hair, it had got messier, and she noticed that he was way happier than usual. "So Watts, what is going on with you?" Benny smirked and said
"I've found someone." Beth sat up straighter and nearly screamed out in happiness.
"No way! Is she pretty?"
"One of the most pretty and incredible people that I have met."
"She's actually here today."
"I need to meet her - after i beat you at chess."
"Oky, you are a world champion but who cares, your not better enough to beat me. And you will see her more often cause she is - " Benny turned as his hat was missing and Y/N was standing their at the reception, with his hat in her hand. "Is that her?" Beth asked, and Benny smiled and nodded. She looked amazing, she was wearing some baggy blue dungarees and a white t - shirt and her hair was in a messy bun. She had Benny's hat on her head. It suited her.

- Y/N POV -

I walked over to the reception and said to the lady, "Hi! Y/N Y/L/N for my art supplies." . She gave me a handful of sketchbooks and stuff. My mouth dropped and I said a thank you and turned o  my heel and walked to my room. As I walked past Benny, I ruffled his hair and he smirked. I hurried along and shut my door. I laid out all of the art supplies and got my schedule laid out, figuring out where I needed to be. I heard a knock on the door and when I opened it, Benny stood there, he was grinning. "Come downstairs there is someone I want you to meet." I followed him to a little table in the dining hall where the Elizabeth Harmon stood.

"Hi, I'm Y/N L/N." I held out my hand and Beth shook it,
"I'm Elizabeth Harmon, you can call me Beth though." she smiled and I turned to Benny
"Can we talk on our own?"
"As long as you two don't fight over me. I can't help it that i'm so irresistible."
"Oh humble yourself Watts." I rolled my eyes and he grinned
"I'll talk to you two later." He walked off,
"So," beth sat down, "How is it?"
"How is what?" I was confused, I was scared that she was going to hate me.
"Making Benny crazy about you? God I have never seen him this happy, also can you blame him?"
"I didn't know I was making him crazy." I laughed

"He is acting so weird, as in like he is all over you, I mean when you said to him to humble yourself he was like 'okay for you'"
"Is that a good thing? I mean I don't wanna be leading him on to something cause i'm not ready fro a relationship, I don't want to hurt him." I stammered. Beth smiled at me and said, "I'm guessing that you have been hurt by someone in the past, am I right?" I nodded slowly and took a drink of water, "So what are you doing here?" She asked,
"I'm painting your chess games." I said, being proud that I get to say this, i have been working towards this for years and I am finally saying this.
"That is so cool, I'm guessing that you are painting mine and Benny's game at the end. One thing you need to know about him, you know when he is winning, but when he looses, he will not be happy, and he will go over the game for weeks."
"Oh good to know, thank you!"
"Do you drink?"
"Uh, no, I don't."
"I'm sorry if this sounds horrible but were you addicted?". My heart clenched as I thought of all of those times, TW opening the bottle and consuming the liquid as quick as I could, letting it give me the warmth End of TW, I nodded slowly and tried to smile but I couldn't. "But I'm sober now, I have been for a year."
"That's good then. I was addicted too, but i'm sober-ish" I smiled.

Me and Beth carried on talking untill the restaurant closed, "So i'll speak to you tomorrow?" I asked, she laughed and said,
"Not if I speak to you first.". i walked off to my room and I decided to speak to Benny, so I knocked onto the other door and he opened it, he had it shirt off. I think he does that a lot. "Hey, did Beth scare you off?"
"Hell no, you can't get rid of me that easy Watts."
"Do you want to come in?" Benny asked, slowly moving backwards,
"I better not." I explained, "I want to get good sleep tonight." Benny nodded and we said our goodnights, but I had an impulse, my heart hammered as I stood up and pecked him on the cheek. He went pink and I went into my room. My heart didn't stop hammering when I was in the shower or getting into my bed and staring at the dark ceiling. I felt sleep consuming me as my eyes shut.

"Y/N, When are you going to look for a worthy man to get married to." Mother said
"Yeah, you can't be single forever sweet." Father said
"Well I have, he is a chess player." I said, taking a drink of water, feeling happiness sweep over me
"What is his name?"
"His name is Be-"
"Townes, his name is Townes" He stood there, looming over my parents, they were staring at me slowly. Benny walked over to me. Placed an hand on my shoulder. "Well I'm the ine she wants now." he said, brushing his fingers up and down my neck.
All of a sudden I was underwater, screaming for help but no one was there, Townes was pulling me down, Benny was at the bottom.
Dead.
"Benny! Benny!" I screamed, but no noise was coming out.
Then it changed to Townes speaking to me in the hall. In a dance hall. The first time that we met. Benny was kissing some other girl and guilt embedded my chest as I saw him being pulled away, by a girl in a white dress, and he was in a black suit.
He had his White Queen...

AN = New episode! I will try and get one out soon! Love you all xx
02.07.2023
1358 words