Chapter 17

I quickly ran along the hall, running past rooms 190, I had my heels in my hand and my feet were padding against the floor, I foundt room 202, I realised that this was the same room that me nd Benny were in when we were ast here. I slowly opned the door and Benny turned, He had his tie off, his blazer was off and the top button of his shirt was undone. His hair was messy and he looked like he always did. He looked the way that I loved him. We stood there in silence, drinking eachother in. After a year, he still smelt the same way, the room looked the exact same. Tears filled my eyes thinking of the past year, ow shitty it has been. I closed the door behind me and we both walked towards eachother. His arms snaked around me and my head rested on his chest. Tears slipped down my face and he held me close. I moved away and placed myself on the bed, he knelt town infront of me.

"This year-" I began
"Has been the worst." He breathed, clutching my face.
"Benny - you know how things were bad when we met." Benny nodded, "Well they are way, way worse now. "
"Talk to me love, please." I ached to tell him, I wanted him to know, about my mother, starving me, my finacee, choking me, how I have been worse and worse, the way that things went downhiil. I wanted to tell him.
"I don't think I can. It will scare you away. How damaged I am." A tear slipped down my face. He held my face and said,
"Y/N, Look at me, I am not going anywhere okay? I am here to stay, I will wait, fuck, I will wait untill I am 80 to have a chance with you."
"I know Benny, I would wait too, but I'm getting married in a year, how would we do it?"
"I don't know."
"I am leaving in a week, could we just go together."
"Yeah maybe."
"Talk to me Y/N, I need to know what happend."
"Benny, I-I need to show you something," I said, getting up and walking to the bathroom, the same one where me and him hugged that day. I stared at my reflection in the mirror, I was definetely skinnier, but not as skinny as my mother thinks I should be, I washed off the makeup on my neck, shuddering at the sight of the bruises. I turned on my heel and walked back in and I said to him, "This." I sar down on the bed and his had felt the bruise, running his fingers up and down it. "Anything else?" he asked I showed him all of the bruises and the scars. He wrapped his hands around me and said, "Love please talk to me. I would like to know."

"Well, I don't know how to start." I said
"Start with after the argument." he breathed, he took my ands anput them on his soulders and his hads were wrapped around my waist. So i told him, I told him every single detail untill I couldn't. I then trailed off at when he told me to stop seeing his at the dance today. I then started shaking and crying. "Hey, hey." he said taking my face in his hands, "It's okay."
"Are you sure?" I asked, he nooded, then he got up and said,
"I have something to confess Y/N."
"What is it?" I asked, taking a breath.
"It's kind of a long story."
"Benny, I have just told me about the whole last year, I'm sure it is fine."
"Okay, so there is a reason why I led that king down that day." Benny said,
"Oh, what is it?"
"Well, if I won the game, then I would have to qualify for the world championship, wich would take years of playing, and training. And we could not do that. I mean, Beth has that time, we don't. I mean, I laid the king down beacause I realised...I realised."
"Benny, what did you realise." My heart hammerd.
"I realised that I think that I can love you." he said locking eyes with me. "Then I laid the king down, knowing that, that move would change my life. Beth knew what I could do, she tried to speak some sense into me, trying to get me to replay her but I didn't want to, then as I walked to my room, I realised how scared I was, I mean, I have never felt that way before, it was all fuzzy and not right. So I thought that if I blocked you out then maybe the feelings would sort themselves out. Oh how wrong I was. I felt horrible. I regreted saying those things to you as soon as I said them. Then I lost you, you were gone, I couldn't find you anywhere, and that was horrible. But I don't regret laying that king down. Because I knew that I could love you, and I thiink I can still."

My breath was caught, that was the phrase that I thought, he thought it at the same time. Benny turned, away from me. "Benny." I said, walking up to him, "At that same time, I thought it too." he turned and looked at me,
"What?" he said
"Benny, I think I can love you too, I love the way that you ruffle your hair, the way you stare at me not like I am peice on that chess board, like I am -"
"Like you are the chess board." He finished, "The moves I make were for you, and they will always be for you." I nodded, letting a tear roll down my cheek as I said, "I tink I can love you."
"I think I can love you too." he touched my face and lent forward, he brushed his lips against mine, I embraced it. Then we seperated and we hugged, I sniffed a few times and he touched my hair.
"So, what are we going to do now?" I asked, touching his hair. I felt complete, fully alive.
"Why don't you get your bag and you can get dressed, we are going to go to my type of party." he smirked
"Okay Watts." I said about to walk out, he caught my hand and said,
"Oh and love, it's also a date." He smirked and my heart flutterd.

A/N= Hello! Another chapter done! I have some ideas for more chapters, love you all!
29.07.2023
1107 words