"Please, don't hide it anymore."

(Trigger warning)

Third POV

"If I can beat you, I take over Black Dragon," Takemichi declared confidently.

He wasn't serious, was he? There's no fucking way. Taiju knew that. Anyone with common sense knew that with the condition that Takemichi was in, there was no way in hell he could defeat the gang boss and take over Black Dragon.

Still, that look the crybaby hero was giving him seemed to piss him off more than anything. Taiju soon let out a growl under his breath before landing one hard punch after another right onto Takemichi. He was basically a walking punching bag at this point.

But he just kept taking them, not at all falling to his knees. However, one particular kick was enough to make the blonde boy stop to try and catch his breath. That is, if the blood pooling beneath him didn't knock him out first. Because it was a lot more than just having a simple bloody nose with a couple of other cuts of his face. It also sounded like the crybaby hero was having trouble breathing. It was more like he was wheezing.

Luckily, he was able to regain his balance before standing back up, getting into position, and charging into battle once again.

"I'm not through yet!!" Takemichi yelled out, only to be meant with Taiju's fist once again.

Hakkai couldn't believe what he was witnessing. It was crazy, Takemichi was trying so hard, but he was getting his ass kicked. It scared the indigo haired boy, his breathing become more shaky after each hard punch, elbow, and kick the blonde sustained to his body.

"Takemitchy, you have to stop this," the second division vice captain tried to plead with his friend.

But even though he heard him, Takemichi wasn't listening. He wasn't going to back down, not now. And not ever.

"I'm not...I'm not done..!"

"Takemitchy! This isn't going to change anything, dammit!" Hakkai yelled even louder this time.

He didn't understand why Takemichi was going through with this. He wasn't going to be able to beat Taiju with how he was right now. It just wasn't going to be possible. The blonde soon took another hit to the face that sent him to the ground right in front of the second division vice captain.

But it got him thinking about something. Where he had come from, Takemichi Hanagaki had no one caring for him, no friends, no one to talk to, no one to love. He was completely alone.

"What are you doing?" The indigo haired boy finally asked him as he watched the crybaby hero start to get up once again.

"You're wrong, Hakkai..." the blonde finally spoke, though it sounded very weak.

His body might've been shaky, but Takemichi was still able to get to his feet and turn around to face off with Taiju once again like he had multiple times already.

"Hakkai, you're the one who can't change," he added onto his previous comment, which kind of stunned the boy in question as he watched the crybaby hero trudge back into battle.

At first, the crybaby hero's main goal for coming back to was to save Hina, but then, he met (Y/N) and everyone else. And it was when Akkun had died right in front of him that he had finally made up his mind.

His 26-year old self was sitting there on the stairs, crying as the police did their investigation. That was when he had decided that he wanted to save everyone. He was actually getting accepted by everyone in the gang, he was actually making something of his life. It wasn't something that everyone got a second chance at.