"We'll see each other again, I promise."

Third POV

After the whole, slight fiasco with teaching Takemichi how to ride his new bike, the crybaby hero along with his partner and the Hell's Angel decided to go sit by the river to just kind of unwind a little bit. The girl had taken her hair out of its bun and just kind of kept it in the long ponytail she had used to put it up while still wearing her mechanic uniform. She and Chifuyu were sitting on the hillside while the crybaby hero stood down by the river, his back facing the two of them.

It was quiet, kind of a peaceful silence until the two sitting up on the hill felt that something was off.

"Whatcha thinking about, my friend?" The blonde boy laying on his back beside the dual color haired girl asked the crybaby hero.

(Y/N) had been sitting beside the first division vice captain, her arms crossed and resting on her knees. But she too, had felt that the blonde down by the river was thinking rather hard about something. Chifuyu had just beat her to it when it came to asking about it.

"Hmm? Oh, I'm just...kind of confused," Takemichi answered as he turned back toward his partners for a second before returning his gaze back to the water in front of him, the sunset reflecting off of the river, making everything appear golden.

"Why's that, Blondie Boy?" He heard the girl's voice ask him as she rested her chin on her hand.

It was weird. He thought he'd feel much more happier than confused. In fact, the boy didn't think he'd feel confused at all, but here he was. He just couldn't put his finger on what was wrong. Because nothing seemed to be wrong. Not that he could think of. Chifuyu seemed to know the answer though as he sat up beside the dual color haired girl.

"Wondering what's gonna come next, huh? Well, Kisaki and Hanma got the boot, so they're out of the picture. And with all of the Black Dragon guys under us, we're the biggest division in Toman. And even if Inui and Kokonoi do have an ulterior motive, Taiju Shiba didn't die, so Kisaki's plan was a failure. Seems to me your mission here's over," the first division vice captain kind of summed everything up, going over everything that they had all done in this last month to make sure everything was accounted for.

"I'd have to agree with that, baby. Which means back to the future, huh?" (Y/N) agreed as a small side smile appeared on her face.

"Yeah, I guess so."

Even if he agreed with what his friends were saying, a part of Takemichi didn't want to leave this timeline. He had had the time of his life these past few weeks, he didn't want to just leave it all behind. But at the same time, his mission was completed. He had no reason to remain in this timeline. And the other two thought the same.

"Okay, this is goodbye then. After all, you belong twelve years in the future, not in this time. Twelve years in the future, where Hachi, Hina, and Akkun are still alive," the other blonde boy told the crybaby hero, feeling relief that Kisaki would no longer be a threat to anyone, especially the girl sitting right beside him.

Though, the (h/c) and white haired girl thought he was forgetting someone important as she shot him a tiny 'really' expression before nudging him with her arm.

"And you. You'll be in a place where you'll be happy, Butterfly Boy," she soon smiled back at Takemichi before pointing out that Chifuyu still needed to be alive too, which made him blush a little bit as he leaned on her shoulder a little bit.

He deserved that happiness for all of the hell he had to witness so many times before coming to this point. Going back to where he truly came from and being able to enjoy his happiness and his life for once without having to worry about seeing those that he loved being killed right in front of him.