Chapt 5

Hiccups pov
                   4 months later

             It's been about 4 months since merida joined me and it's been great I built her a house right next to mine. Didn't take that long, it was perfect and we added a rope bridge to her house and mine so we can have easy access to each others place. Life has been so much better with her around. Missions have been more chaotic and I like that way. Reminds me of . . . Berk. As messed up as it sounds I miss Berk. I miss the chaos, the pranks the twins would do, working with gobber, my dad. But that's behind me they didn't want me and I'm fine with that.
One day we were by the shore picking up crabs and sea turtles. When we saw a boat, it was turned over. Merida readied her bow and arrow and I grabbed my sword. We slowly walk over and turn over the boat. I saw a familiar face and one not so familiar. It was dagger berserker, the insane leader of the berserker tribe. But next to him was a beautiful girl with dark hair. Dagger slowly opens his eyes and he looks up at us we readied our weapons. "H-Hiccup?" He asked. "Yes" I said back. "Im dead. I died and I'm now in Valhalla" he said.
Merida and I couldn't help but burst into laughter at his absurd claim. "Dagger, you're not dead," I said between chuckles. "Of course I am! You're dead too!" he insisted. "We're not dead," I said, trying to stifle my laughter. "Yes, you are! They had a funeral and everything," Dagger argued. I couldn't resist asking, "Did they ever find a body?" Dagger hesitated, then admitted, "Well, no." "Exactly," I said with a grin. "There you go." Dagger looked puzzled. "Wait, then why did they have a funeral if you're not dead?" he asked."I faked my death," I explained. Dagger looked incredulous. "Why?" he asked, clearly puzzled. Merida, sensing that Dagger was asking too many questions, intervened with her trademark assertiveness. "Alright, buddy, you're asking too many questions. It's our turn now," she said, giving him a death stare that silenced him. "Now, first off, when was the last time you had a proper meal?" Merida asked, taking charge of the situation. Her no-nonsense approach made me appreciate her even more.
.
.
.
          We took them both back to our homes. The girl was still knocked out and we were interrogating dagur. We fed him and gave him new clothes since his was all raggedy. "You didn't have to do this" he mumbled as he tore into the food. "We may not have get along but it doesn't mean I'm going to let you starve" I said. He gave me a weak smile and got back to eating. "Now tell us why are you on our island" i asked. "We had to escape" he mumbled. "Escape from what" I asked. "Drago, a power hungry dragon hunter" he said "he said he would help us with our dragon problem, all we had to do is bow down to him, we laughed". "He left and soon the whole village was a blaze, he made sure each and everyone one of us was dead, we are the only survivors" he said. "Wait what about your father Oswald, didn't he do anything" I asked. "My father died around the same time you left" he said.
             You could see the hurt behind his eyes, he was struggling. "You can stay with us" I said out loud not thinking. His eyes lit up, "really?" He asked "oh I don't mind plus the more dragon riders the better" I said. "Thank you thank you so much, wait I'm sorry dragon riders?" He said. "Oh yes if you want to stay here you must be able to train a dragon, ride one and be overall nice to them" I said. He looked at me puzzled. "They should call you hiccup the unhinged" he said. "Trust us, your not going to get hurt" merida said. "And if your safe here, the barriers keep us from the outside world and even if they do get in the dragons will protect us" I said. He looked down at the girl and his expression softened. "Alright" he said.
.
.
.
A few months later

We've been taking them on adventures with us and we've found them both dragons. The girl that was with them is heather, daggers younger sister. Heather and I got close, we had a fling for awhile, it didn't last too long. Good in theory but in practice not so much. We broke up but we're still the best of friends. On the other hand me and dagger a bit more combatible. I've grown to adore his crazy antics though it was more late night rendezvous than actually love. Neither of them know I was with the other and I'm going to keep it that way. We may have broken up but it would shatter her if she saw me with her brother. And if dagger ever found out he would kill me for dating her in the first place.
We found perfect dragons for them. A gronckle for dagger and a razorwhip for heather. There names are shattermaster and wind shear. Dagger wasn't too keen on the idea but now you can hardly keep him and his dragon apart. We made them there own homes but off in the field. We also built a forge. Life has been going so well and we meet some other young runaways that have joined our outcast club.
There's jack a cutie with a smug attitude and has ice powers. He helped us out of captivity. He has a stormcutter and his name is dasher. We meet rapunzel when she was running from the guards and she gave us food. She's a absolute beauty, a free spirt who likes to paint. Her dragon is a change wing named pascal. Now we have the trio, elsa, Anna, and kristoff. They ran away after there kingdom was taken over by Anna's shitty ex. Elsa is tall hot woman who has ice powers, Anna is a bubbly beauty and kristoff is a alluring man that's built like a lumberjack and has a heart of gold. Elsa has a snow wraith named snowball, Anna had a death song named Olaf, and kristoff has a deadly nadder named Sven.
We've built more buildings and are starting on a great hall of sorts. This has to be the happiest I've ever been in my life, friends family and a lover, well sorta lovers. Going on adventures savior of the weak and merciless for the unforgiving. We mask our faces so people don't know who we are. They've given us names and they call me the dragon master.