Chapt. 28

Hiccups pov

I just love giving people a good scare – free fall, Toothless catches me, and we dive straight into the crowd. When I was younger, my village shunned me for spoiling the fun, but now, as an older party enthusiast, perhaps a bit too much – the line between enthusiast and alcoholic blurs.
Soaring over the revelers, standing on Toothless, I shout, "Who's ready to go get so black out drunk, we won't remember any of it?" "We are" the crowd roars in agreement. "That's what I like to hear!" I yell and dive off Toothless, nailing a backflip, and land flawlessly on the platform. Time to flaunt it. Toothless settles on his designated rock, cared for by diligent servants.
As the music blares and the crowd turns wild, I shout, 'Mead flowing, let the horns resound! We trounced them, time to revel!' The cheers follow as I hop between platforms, making my way to my elevated throne.
Standing tall, I belt out, 'Raise your goblets high, a toast to the victorious leader – me!' I soak in the adulation while cruising around in my swinging chair, basking in the chants of my subjects.
Sure, maybe I've gotten a tad egotistical, but with this much adoration, who wouldn't? Lounging back, legs dangling, I croon, "Let's get wild, party on, hook up –I'm the one to praise!"
The drums and guitars get louder, and I soak in the sight of my subjects dancing, singing, having the time of there life's and reveling in the joyous celebration. It's what I live for – a massive party where everyone can let loose, have fun, and forget about their worry's. I spot my father and his villagers eyeing me with a mix of awe and confusion.
Time to stir things up. Flipping over, I dangle upside down from my chair, swinging wildly. "Who's the great dragon master?" I sing, "The one battling evil, defender of people and dragons!" With flair, I let go, executing a flip before descending into the adoring crowd. They hoist me up, and as I crowd-surf, I catch my father's bewildered gaze. Smirking, I relish in their expressions of utter disbelief.
I gracefully land after the crowd surf, strolling over to my father, the villagers, and some unexpected guests. "Eat, drink, party, hook up for all I care– it's a celebration of victory, so let loose! Do something stupid or crazy, or both, both go really hand in hand" Their faces mirror shock.
With a smirk, I tease, "Why the long faces? Looks like you've all just seen a ghost or something." "So self-centered," Mrs. Hofferson, with a mix of disgust and hatred, voices her opinion. "Oh, I forgot you existed," I quip, smirking, she looks at me as if her head is about explode from sheer anger.
I chuckle at this, "Well, with this many adoring fans, it's tough not to be. Unlike you, no one can handle your antics, except maybe your equally troublesome husband" I smirk as she gets even redder.
        She was about to go off on me, tension rising between us, Astrid intervenes, "Enough, both of you. Let's just enjoy the party." Mrs. Hofferson shoots her daughter a look of anger and disappointment.
     Snoutlout swoops in, wrapping his arms around Astrid, saying, "Come on, everyone, this celebration is for us." Pulling her closer, he adds, "Let's see where this night takes us~."
       Astrid, uncomfortable, swiftly twists his arms, and penetrating them into his stomach, doubling him over in pain. As she walks away, wincing, I chime in, "Ouch, that must hurt. Snotty, there are plenty of girls here – if they're drunk or have really, really low standards, they might consider you." He glares at me and heads toward the crowd, leaving a trail of wounded pride behind.
         As I witness the amusing attempts of a "charming rogue" take on the brilliant ladies of Dragon Island, I can't help but chuckle. I've instilled in my subjects the art of never settling for mediocrity, treating all with equality regardless of age, race, or gender. Particularly, I've advised the girls to keep their wits about them when it comes to characters like Snoutlout.
        I've taught my people that no one should feel like an outcast or out of place, especially in a place they call home. On dragon island, we have a system there's a place for everyone, and everyone in its place.
        I sauntered back into the lively crowd, my sights set on the mead barrels like a pirate eyeing a treasure chest. Lo and behold, there stood my dear mother, guardian of the barrels. "Uh huh, hiccup, you promised to cut back on the mead," she scolded, wagging her finger in mock disapproval.
        I chuckled, "Ma, you know me, Cut back? Do I look like the cutting-back type?"Her concerned gaze met mine. "You drink way too much." I smirked and winked, "And you worry too much. I've been drinking since I was 12 – look at me, I'm the picture of health." She sighed, "Ignoring your trauma and filling the void by drowning it in mead doesn't make you healthy." I grinned, pouring myself another goblet. "Course it does."