Chapt 11

Hiccups pov
       "Join me, Hiccup! And you will become richer than any man more powerful than a god!" Ásgeir's voice thundered, his sword swinging fiercely towards me. I deftly dodged his attack, my own blade meeting his with a resounding clash. "No, I'm good," I retorted, my voice filled with determination.
        As our blades clashed and sparks flew, Ásgeir pressed on, his voice dripping with persuasive intent. "What do you fight for? For fame? For love? I can make you an even better offer," he taunted, his balance unwavering. He pushed me down, his sword poised to strike. But with a burst of strength, I kicked and pushed myself up, refusing to yield.
       "Nah, you're not my type," I quipped, a smirk playing across my face. Ásgeir swung his sword at me again, but I parried each blow, matching him blow for blow. The chaos of battle surrounded us, but I remained focused, resolute in my beliefs. "I mean, I can make anything you want come true if you only join us," he continued.  "I won't give up what I believe in just because you dangle these empty riches before me," I declared.
        "Arón," his voice echoed with a mix of desperation and conviction, "is becoming more powerful. If you join us, we could be the ones ruling beside them!" His sword gleamed menacingly as it whistled through the air, aimed directly at my head. In a split second, instinct took over, and I dove, narrowly escaping the lethal strike. Breathing heavily, I mustered the strength to retort, "At what cost, Ásgeir? The innocent lives of the lower class? The dragons being used as weapons instead of living beings? The thousands of children ripped away from their families to become mere pawns in this cruel game? No thanks!" With determination etched across my face, I leaped forward, aiming a swift strike at his knees, hoping to shatter his resolve.
        But Ásgeir deftly sidestepped my attack, retaliating with a ferocious swing. I raised my sword just in time to block his powerful blow, feeling the reverberations course through my arms. The clash of metal rang out, a symphony of danger and defiance. As our blades collided, he taunted me. "Think about your daughter, Hiccup. If you don't join us, she will never know peace. Our men will forever be chasing you both," he sneered, his eyes filled with a mixture of cunning and malice.
         Anger surged through my veins, fueling my resolve. I lashed out, delivering a swift kick that sent him stumbling backward. Ásgeir fought to maintain his balance, but his footing betrayed him, and he tumbled towards the edge of the house. Rushing to the ledge, I peered down, a mix of triumph and hope gripping my heart. There he hung, gripping onto the ledge for dear life, his voice trembling with both pain and fury. "You're going to regret this, Hiccup!" he shouted, his voice carrying a haunting warning.
        My gaze hardened, and a wave of defiance washed over me. "God, you're annoying," I said, my words laced with the bitterness. Without hesitation, I drove my sword downward, piercing his hand. A searing scream of agony pierced the air, followed by the heart-stopping silence of his descent. Ásgeir's body plummeted, disappearing into the abyss below.
         Looking upon the battlefield before me, a chilling tableau of violence and destruction, my heart sank. The relentless tactics employed by Arón's army were gruesome, with waves of attacks designed to either weaken the enemy or take them captive. But there was a twisted catch. Should their general fall, the soldiers were bound by a twisted oath to take their own lives beside him. With heavy footsteps, I approached Ásgeir's lifeless body lying on the blood-soaked ground. Gripping my sword firmly, I swiftly severed his head from his body.
        A primal roar erupted from my throat, tearing through the air and capturing the attention of all who remained on the battlefield. Every eye turned toward me, uncertainty etched across their faces. In that moment, I raised Ásgeir's severed head high, a morbid trophy of victory. The soldiers, bound by their oath and aware of the dire consequences of betrayal, trembled with fear and disbelief. Their eyes widened, mirroring the horror that now gripped their hearts. Yet, they were duty-bound, compelled to fulfill the oath they had sworn. One by one, they reached for their weapons, trembling hands pointed towards themselves.
       One by one, bodies fell to the ground, their loyalty weighing heavily on their spirits. The scene was a tragic and chilling display of lives sacrificed to an unforgiving oath. In the midst of the chaos, my crew acted swiftly, stopping three soldiers from carrying out their duties. We were going to interrogate them. Get anything we could out of them.
       My warriors understood the aftermath that followed the brutal clash. It was time for cleanup. Each of them took hold of an enemy's lifeless body, carefully setting our fallen comrades aside. With purpose, they placed the enemy soldiers onto there boats, some even removing their heads as a grim warning. These severed heads would serve as a horrifying display at the forefront of the island. Gradually, the Berkians walked away from the designated spot, the place I had instructed Elsa to lead them. Emotions varied among them— some look shaken up, some upset they didn't get to help, some looked uncertain.
         Suddenly, Astrid sprinted towards me. My guard instinctively went up, ready to fight with her physically and/ or emotionally, but she surprised me. Astrid dropped to her knees in a gesture of apology, her gaze fixed on the ground. She spoke with sincerity, "I'm sorry hiccup for not listening to you, this wouldn't happen if we hadn't doubted you". I looked down at her, understanding her regret. Slowly, I extended my hand and helped her rise to meet my eyes.
        "I wouldn't believe me either if I had faked my death and then came back" I said trying to diffuse the tension. A faint smile tugged at the corners of her lips, I forgot how pretty she is. "My lord," one of my warriors approached me and spoke. "How many times do I have to tell you don't call me that it's too formal, just call me hiccup." I replied. "Apologies, Hiccup, but all the deceased have been placed on their boat. Shall we release them now?" he asked. "Yes," I nodded.
         "Um, question," Snoutlout interjected. "What should we do with these guys?" Pointing to the prisoners. "Leave that to me," I declared confidently. I snapped my fingers and addressed my party animals , "Strage, jon, show them how we celebrate, Dragon Rider style." With a mischievous glint in their eyes, Jon and Strage playfully bumped their heads together, leading the Berkians and my warriors in a boisterous procession. As they departed, a satisfied smile crept across my face. Turning my focus to the prisoners, my demeanor shifted, and Merida faithfully trailed behind me.
       "Listen up, I don't have time for games. Let's get straight to the point," I declared, unsheathing my sword and igniting it with a flicker of flames. "You tell us when Arón plans to attack again, and we'll grant you a quick and painless death." One of the prisoners tried to appear smug and challenged, "And what if we don't?" I leaned in, gripping his shirt tightly and bringing the sword closer to his neck, instilling fear within him. "If you refuse, we'll make your life such a living hell that when we're done with you, death will be a gift," I warned.
       Their confidence wavered, but it seemed they were reluctant to give in. "We are loyal to Aron we will never falter" they said in unison. I laughed wickedly, grinning ear to ear, I like it when there stupid.