26 - His world Shattering

When you make a double update in one day

—————
AUTHOR'S POV

After their beautiful night and breakfast date. Subi and Nirmaan were on their way back to home. Today was haldi and Wedding at night.

Nirmaan was busy driving while Subi was just looking at her husband without any blink. He was looking at her with side eye with amusing smile."What is it Biwi?"

"Nothing" she shrugged, "just enjoying the view.", and a full smile coming on his lips. "You are distracting me", "Why?, are you unable to control yourself.", she asked keeping her hand on his lap and lightly rubbing it.

That was it, he pressed the break, stopping on the side of an empty road, unbuckling the seatbelt and pulled her on his lap. "I'm telling you, if you don't stop right now, I don't know what I'll do. Don't test my patients. You do know we are getting late, right?, and if anyone asks me why we weren't on time , I won't hesitate a bit to tell them the full story.", and he kissed her cheek.

He made her sit back. He was driving and Subi was sitting there with her arms crossed and her Maan's ever so favourite pout.

Nirmaan chuckled and huffed giving up and took her hand keeping it on his lap. She didn't look but a beautiful smile crept on her lips. How she loved this man soo much.

After an hour or so they were back. Parking the car, they both stepped out and entered the house. Everyone was busy, some in eating and other preparing for the day.

"Lo aa Gaye....hai koi sharam isse, ghar main shaadi hai, Aur yeh bahar ghoom rahi hai, log bhi ptaa nahi kya kehte honge, kaha thi saari raat."(see, here she comes, no shame at all, there's a wedding in the house and she is wandering out. What would people say where she was all night.), Bua ji tried insulting her. Before Nirmaan or anyone could say anything.

"Main bahar apne husband ke sath gai thi, Aur mujhe nahi lagta ki iss baat ke liye, mujhe kisi ko safai dene ki zaroorat hai, Aur aapko toh bilkul bhi nahi. I don't know aapko mujhse kya problem hai but, agar main bolti nahi toh iska yeh matlab nahi, jo bhi mooh main aayega bol dain. Aapne pehle hi meri Aur meri family ki bohot insult kar li hai. But not anymore."( I was out with my husband, and I don't think anyone should have any problem with it. Neither do I need to explain anything to anyone and especially not to you. I don't know what problem you have with me but you have no right to insult me. You have already insulted me and my family enough but not anymore.)

Bua ji was fuming with anger but, Nirmaan was smirking proudly. "See, how she talks with her elders. No shame a....", but Dadi cut her saying, "bohot ho gaya,usne kuch Galat nhi kaha. Tumne pehle hi bohot bol liya hai.(that's enough,she didn't say anything wrong.)If you are my child so are they all as well. I don't want any drama, I'm warning you.", Dadi warns her daughter and she was shocked.

Everyone left to their rooms for haldi ceremony and started getting ready. Subi wore a simple yellow suit for haldi.

 Subi wore a simple yellow suit for haldi

While Nirmaan wore a kurta with jacket.

Everyone was downstairs ready to start the haldi function when Subi was planning something else and so was Someone also

Subi sent a note to her Maan through Tanmay to meet her on the roof.
After they both were done with their turns to apply haldi to Dadu and Dadi both left.

"Where are you Biwi?" He called and a cold liquid touched his face making him shocked. Subi applied hands full of haldi on his face. He turned to see her giggling, happy for plan to be successful. " oh no!, you are going to regret this Biwi.", and he ran after her. She was running as fast as she can trying to save herself on the roof. Running and apologising she ran downstairs but Nirmaan was adamant for his revenge.

She ran towards whee all were, saving herself and Nirmaan did too. "Maa...", she stood behind her mother in law and Nirmaan stopped running as well. When they all saw his face, everyone burst out laughing his face. It was all yellow. "Waah nahi..aap toh apni hi shadi ki rasme karne main busy ho.." Akash said laughing.( looks like you are busy in your own wedding rituals)

"Jiju don't worry, our di is already yours, you don't have to marry her again. No one will take her away.", Adarsh also joined.

"Maa...look what your sweet innocent daughter in law did.", Nirmaan was looking his Biwi behind her Mother while they both were trying to control their laughter. Dadi came with the haldi bowl to him and gestures him slowly, and without wasting any time he pulled his wife holding her wrist and with a hand full applied it on her cheek.

She gasped out loud and everyone cheered and after that it was total chaos as everyone literally started playing holi with it. Applying on each other and Subi and Nirmaan were living their best day. But wasn't for too long.

By evening they all got ready for wedding, Subi and Nirmaan were ready too looking gorgeous.

Everyone was downstairs, where the wedding rituals were happening

Everyone was downstairs, where the wedding rituals were happening. Nirmaan was busy talking to someone when Subi  was looking for her husband. She got a note with written "meet me on the roof.", written. She thought it was from her husband so smiling she went upstairs. Only to find no one  there. "Maan ?, Maan?", she kept calling his name.  "Come out, I know you are here..stop playing now.", she kept calling his name as she was moving towards edge .

On the other hand Nirmaan was looking for his wife as well downstairs. He asked everyone, when Adarsh told, "I saw Di going upstairs. She was looking for you.", Nirmaan was confused to why would she look for him upstairs, maybe she was again playing with her.

"Thanks, I'll go see where she is." And he left with a smile. But when he reached up on the roof. His world went upside down. The scene in front of him made his life change.

——
Double update 🤪
What do you think happened on the roof and who did?