4 - Gifts of Imperfection

Vote if you like and comment down your thoughts.
Make sure to follow for regular updates😘
———————
AUTHORS POV

Subi was in her class when she saw a group of kids laughing and mocking someone in the class. Following their gazes she saw Adarsh sitting on front chair. Not giving attention to them. But it was clear in her eyes, their words were affecting her.

"Adarsh", Subi called her as she quickly stood and she asked her go to staff room to bring a file.

After few moments, she also made an excuse and left the classroom. As Adarsh was walking, Subi called her from behind and took her to staff room by herself.

Adarsh was confused to what's going on, but didn't say a word. As expected it was empty so she took a chair and made her sit on the chair next to her.

"Do you want to talk about it?", Making Adarsh realise, she knows that something is bothering her.. Adarsh looked down nervously.

"It's okay, if you don't want to but , remember never let anyone's opinion affect you in anyway. Just be yourself, okay?", saying so , she was about to leave when Adarsh's words stopped her.

"I got a letter", finally the words were out of her mouth. Subi took the chair waiting for her to talk. "I got a letter, with a confession on it and asking me to meet in the park near our school, after school. I just wanted to know, who sent it, so I went. I had no idea of anything what was going . After waiting for half an hour, I was about to leave when, those group of kids came out from behind laughing, joking and making videos of me. Now they are sharing around the school.", she said with her head down and sadness in her face. The bubbly and funny personality she had was missing it's charm.

Caressing her cheek and making her look up she gave her reassuring smile, to which Adarsh smiled sadly. They both left for the class. She wanted to tell her something but not alone. This was something all those kids need to know. Because punishment, sometimes is not the right solution.

Starting the class and asking them to open the novel they are about to study. Halfway through the class when she saw them really engaged in topic she said, "Cruelty is easy, cheap and rampant.", reading the quote and a snort escaped from one of the kid.

"Something funny, you'd like to share.", she made him stand, to which he didn't say anything. When Subi asked crossing her arms , "Do you think Mercy to guilty or offensive criminal is okay?", to which he said a little No, trying to understand.

"Exactly, Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to innocent. As much as mercy to a guilty is wrong, cruelty to an innocent is no different. That's when you become guilty. We might never know, what could hurt others. You simple joke might shatter someone completely.", and told him to sit.

"Turn to page 68", and they did. "Adarsh read the quote for everyone.", "Shame works like the zoom lens on a camera. When we are feeling shame, the camera is zoomed in tight and all we see is our flawed selves, alone and struggling."

"When you start believing others words and start making yourself feel low. You are feeling ashamed of yourself. And find flaws in your own self, criticise yourself. Remember, your flaws, your imperfections are your gifts, that makes you different from others. Accept yourself and flaunt them as your best versions."

"Here's what is truly at the heart of wholeheartedness: Worthy now. Not if, not when, we're worthy of love and belonging now. Right this minute. As is." she read the quote. Before she could say anything, the bell rang. "I want you all to write it down and explain it in your thoughts and versions. What you think about these lines. But remember, you cannot copy or search internet, because you all are going to read and explain every line of it.", then she walked out, leaving them to think about every word they read today.

Adarsh had a Beautiful smile on her face after hearing her teachers words. She was getting more and more curious to know more about this amazing book. Opening her notebook, she started writing her true thoughts, what she feels about the beautiful quote.

Subi was walking to next class when she saw Divya walking and rushed, calling her  name. But she did not stop, reluctant to what's wrong she ran to her class, making sure to talk after she's done with her classes.

When they met again, Subi held her by shoulder and stopped her. "Hey , what's wrong?", but Divya didn't answer trying to walk away.

"Will you tell me or not?", "You know, I saw you yesterday. You lied to me. You had no important work and you were with Chairman. how could you do such a thing. You are a married woman first of all. And he's too and top of all he is The trusty of
this school.", her eyes went wide and she looked around making sure no one heard.

Pulling her to the corner Subi told her to not say anything to anyone and she'll tell everything after they are out of school.

"Fine", she said? Still suspicious about Subi. Sighing a breath of relief they left and as planned, are sitting in a coffee shop after school.

"Are you gonna tell me or not?", Divya asked stirring and taking a sip of her coffee. Taking a deep breath she asked, " Do you know my name?", to which Divya knitted her brows .

"Subi Singh?", which sounded more like a question. "Subi Nirmaan Singh Rathore", she completed hesitantly. Slowly, very slowly Divya took in her all words as her eyes started getting bigger and bigger.

"Ahhhhh....!!!", every single person sitting in there, looked at their table, when she stood abruptly screamed, not believing. Subi pulled her back making her sit and gave her a warning glare.

"You are saying, that tall, handsome, successful, perfect gentleman, Ceo, one of the top businessmen of India is YOUR husband and now our Trusty.", she was completely daydreaming at that moment.

"You do realise, that you are talking about my husband, right?", the poor girl feeling jealous over a fan girl moment. "Yeah..yeah..don't worry, no one taking him away from you. But it's just soo, surreal to believe.", Divya was getting lost in her day dreaming again, when Subi shook her."Hello..I'm hear, talk to me."

"But, why are you hiding from everyone. If Shweta found out, she'll be roasting inside.", Divya laughed imagining the shocked expression on her face.

"Honestly, even I didn't knew, he was coming to school yesterday. In fact I was also surprised to see him. But, Maan knew, I won't like if everyone knew that I'm Trusty's wife and start treating differently from rest of the teachers.", Subi told truthfully.

"Awww....that's soo sweet of him. He really cares about you a lot. Yesterday as well, when I saw you both together, you looked so cute together. You're really lucky.", Subi had the biggest smile at that moment.

"Hello..", she answered, when her phone rang and gave the person her address. Saying a bye and cuts the call.

"Maan is coming to pick me up, she told Divya and she  got really excited to finally meet him in person. But there was something or someone waiting for her as well.

————————————
That's it for today people

Make sure to comment your thoughts and do check my another story. " PERFECTLY ARRANGED IMPERFECTION ".

After giving too much gyan and No Romantic moment between Subi and Nirmaan

My readers 😂

See you all tomorrow 😘