Prologue

~Daisy~

'Daisy Jones disappeared?' The first headline read a couple of months after I went into hiding. 

'Where has Daisy Jones gone too?' The next one said months later.

'After a year, is she going to make a comeback?' The last one ever said, until today.

'After a year Daisy Jones is back! With a new album at midnight, I miss you, I'm sorry. Will she keep hiding out or will she come back to the public?'

I smile to myself as the first headline was something good. As soon as Logan left, I found a new place to live, to heal. Being in that place in my life gave me a lot of time to be creative. 

I've been keeping up with him and by that I mean I watch him on the TV every night, interviews, paparazzi photos, I know everything. I had a burner page on Instagram so I could follow him and it not be on my public account.  

Jordyn's friend Audrey burst through my bedroom door, "We're here! You ready to go?" I smile and nod. I grab my -his- dark green crew neck and put it on over my tank top. It was November and the air was getting cooler by the day.

I put on my Chuck Taylor's and head out the door with Audrey, Jordyn, and Miles. "Thank you for coming out with me guys." I look over at them. Audrey worked with Jordyn so she would hang out with me when Jordyn and Miles was over. 

"We'd do you thing for you." Audrey smiles at me, giving me a side hug. I wasn't that close with her but it was nice to know I had someone else. We continue walking down the street, more people stop to watch and take photos. 

"I still don't understand why you bought a green sweatshirt. I have never seen you wear green before." Jordyn looks at my outfit.

"It was cute." I shrug

It was Logans.

For the past year, I've practically been living in it. 

A couple of months ago I got a call from an unknown number and I don't usually answer but my gut told me to. When I answered, Logan's deep voice filled my ears, "Daisy?" I didn't say anything, "I got your number from Miles, I just wanted to tell you I miss you and that I'm sorry."

I still don't respond, "I love you." He hangs up

I immediately blocked his number after that call. If I didn't then he would come back and I wasn't ready to talk to him yet. 

The paparazzi started to crowd, taking photos. "Welcome back to the world Daisy, how's it feel?" The guy jokes.

"Very nice." I smile at him as we keep walking past. 

We walk into the studio and spend the rest of the day listening to the album together for the first time.

~Logan~

She lives in New York now. She's walking around outside for the first time in a year, wearing the sweatshirt I left her.

"Parker! Come on, you're late to practice." I shove my phone in my bag and make my way to the field.

I called after a couple of months again but in still not one hundred percent sure it was her. After I got a new number, I wanted to make sure she had it. I texted her asking if she wanted to meet up again but never got a response and I'm not sure it even went through. 

Now she's coming out with an album titled the same thing, I miss you, I'm sorry.

After practice was over I decided to dial her number and see if she'd answer. It rang for a minute before going to voice mail, "You've reached DJ Marley." She laughs, I could hear my voice in the background talking to Miles. "I'm probably writing songs so just leave a message, bye!"

I hung up not bothering to leave one since she'd probably going to ignore it.

Maybe it was for the better, us being apart.