jealousy, jealousy

~Daisy~

I straighten my suit dress as I walk into the small conference room. 

"Hi, Daisy." I walk into the small room.

"Hi Courtney, it's so nice to meet you." I hug her. 

When we pull apart she says, "I'm such a fan of your work." We sit facing each other. 

I give a small laugh, "So am I, I love reading your articles."

She looks down and plays with the small microphone in her hand, "Uh, if you could just clip this to your shirt." She continues to set up her recorder. 

"Just let me know when you're ready and we can start." She takes a sip of her water.

"I'm ready."

"And if you are not comfortable with any of these questions you don't have to answer them and we'll just cut it out." She presses start.

"I saw in a recent interview you talked about a new album. What inspires you when it comes to writing the songs?"

"I always write about the state of mind I'm in, whether I'm pissed off at someone or going through a heartbreak or even just enjoying time with my friends. I focus on that thing and then it turns into what is my album." I take a deep breath.

"It's been almost six years since you've released an album, why so long?" I realize how long it's been. 

"I want to make sure it's perfect and that I have everything I want on there as I grow through this year." I take a breath before continuing, "After putting out three albums almost back to back it's rough to get back into it after using all your inspiration. But I miss you, I'm sorry it was such a breakthrough for me and now touring for it after years I remember how much I loved doing this. I can't wait to put out my next album and tour for that in a couple of years."

I missed how much my music was inspiring others and keeping me going in life, "You're always in the limelight, do you ever get tired of it? Especially going through breakups and just trying to hang out with friends."

"Going through a public breakup is rough and being so public with a relationship people know right away when something was off, as in not posting or even disappearing." I bring up the time I went away after Logan left, "Now I like to try to keep my personal life private but I love sharing my life with the fans and I love seeing my fans."

She writes some stuff down before saying, "There are rumors about you getting married to Logan or new boyfriend Chris, there were pictures of a ring and you in a wedding dress. Would you like to comment on anything?"

I take a deep breath, "The ring was on my right hand and it was a gift from my best friend. It just happened to have been shown in a photo with Logan, who I am just friends with, and the whole wedding dress thing was taken out of context." I readjust myself, "My friend Jordyn is getting married and she wanted me to try on a dress. If I was getting married I promise I would let everyone know." I smile. 

"Everyone is always speculating especially now that you guys are in a movie, a love movie at that, in which you look beautiful. I just saw the trailer for."

"Thank you so much."

--

I was sitting in my apartment, scrolling on my phone when I heard a knock on my door. I stand up and walk over, checking the peephole before opening it. "Catherine?" 

"Hey, Daisy." She smiled, she was wearing a knee-length dress and heels. 

"What are you doing here?" I haven't talked to her since Australia.

"I've come to take you out for drinks since your birthday is tomorrow." She smiles.

"Come in." I open the door more and she walks in, "Could you help me with an outfit?" I ask. She nods and follows me to my room. We walk into my closet. I watch as she shuffles through the dresses hung up. 

She pulls one out and hands it to me, "This one is perfect." She smiles and walks out. 

I changed into the dress and paired it with a pair of heels. I grab a jacket and walk into the bathroom. I see Cathrine looking at my mirror, I have a bunch of different pictures hung up. "So this was Logan in high school?" Her fingers brush the photo. 

It was a picture of our whole group from a beach trip, "Yeah, that was the day he got me drunk on a beach." I laugh, remembering the memories. She laughs before moving to the next photo, it was the one I took from outside the bridal shop. 

Then the next, the one of me and Gracie. I fix my makeup while she looks and finds my jewelry. I put in the diamond earrings Logan got me and put the matching ring on. "Could you help me with the necklace?" I ask. 

She nods and I hand it to her. I move my hair out of the way, "Who got you these?" She says.

 "A friend got me them for Christmas." I smile.

"Logan?" I give a small nod.

"I wonder what happened to them, I saw the box in our bathroom and then the next day it was gone. I happy it went to you."

-

We were sitting at the booth in the corner, getting ready to leave. We've had too much to drink and it was obvious. "How do you get him to like you so much?" Her words slurred.

"What are you talking about?" I take a sip of my drink. 

"Logan, how did you get him to still be in love with you?" 

I shake my head, "He's not in love with me."

I watch as a tear falls from her eyes, "He told me you're the love of his life, how did you get him to still love you after all this time?" 

I kept my tone soft as I said, "I don't think we ever stopped loving each other."

She downs the rest of her drink, "I'm sorry I'm so mean to you, I like you so much." she confesses, "I think I'm just threatened by you."

"I promise you nothing with ever happen with us, he's your husband." I hold her hand, "Do you want to go back to my place and drink some more?" She smiles and nods.

 We walk out of the club, I grab her hand as the cameras go off. The bright light blinds us as we walk down the sidewalk. 

We cover our eyes, laughing as we continue down the street. 

When we finally got back to my apartment we stumbled up the stairs, "So, are we friends now?" 

We sit on the couch, "Yeah, I would like that." She smiles.