The Lucky One

~Logan~

"Daisy, hi." I look down at her.

 "What are you doing here?" She asks, she wasn't happy at all.

"Catherine kicked me out." Gracie smiles but Daisy is unreadable.

 "What did you do?" 

"Could I come in?" I point into the apartment.

"Yeah, sure." She opens the door more and I walk into the apartment. 

"So she kicked you out, why did you come here?" Gracie asks as we sit down.

"This was the first place I thought of so I got on the plane and just hoped you were home." Gracie continues to smile wide. 

"What is all this noise out here?" Daisy's dad walked out of the bedroom, "Ah, Logan." He smiles.

"What's up, Jim?" I smile back. 

"Nothing much, why are you here?" 

I shrug, "Just hangin' out." He nods before walking back into his room.

"So what'd you do?" Gracie presses.

"I don't know, she just told me to get out and so I did."

"So you fly from Brazil to get away from your wife?" I nod as Gracie leans in closer.

 "I just don't get it," Daisy says from across the room, I realize I've mostly been talking to Gracie when Daisy was the whole reason I was here. 

My phone rang before I could say something to her, "Hello?" I answer.

"Logan, where the fuck are you?" Catherine screams from the other side.

"Catherine, what's wrong?" I stand up and walk out of the apartment. 

"I wake up just to see you not here, Where are you?"

"New York and you told me to get out." I sigh.

"Of course, you're in fucking New York. I didn't think you would leave." She scoffs.

"Catherine, I don't know what you want from me." I look around the hallway and see Daisy walking out of her apartment.

"I want you to love me like you love her."

"I can't do that Catherine and you know that." I shake my head. 

I hear choke back tears, "You don't even look at me." Daisy walks up, standing next to me. She puts her hand on my arm, comforting me. "Come back, Logan." Her voice was stern.

"I'll be there soon." I sigh before hanging up.

"What was that about?" She asks, looking up at me. 

"She's upset I left and I'm here." I pause, "And?" 

"She wants me back but I don't know if I can go, not while you're here." I see her tense up.

I lean down, trying to kiss her but she dodges me, "Logan." She whispers, "I have a boyfriend." My heart stops.

"What?" I whisper.

 "We've been quiet about it." I straighten myself up.

"Do you mind if I stay?" I ask, she smiles and nods. 

We walk back into the apartment, "I can blow up the air mattress if you want?" she walks into a hall closet.

"That's fine with me, I'll sleep anywhere."

She drags out a thick bag which I assume is the mattress. "Where do you want it?" I ask.

"My room?" I nod, picking up the bag I take it to her room.

We blow the mattress up and she lays down pillows plus some blankets. We lay in silence for a little before she said, 

"I don't know if I could ever be just your friend." She sighs.