If this was a movie

~Daisy~

I sat in the makeup chair, getting ready for the movie premiere. I haven't had a full conversation with Logan since the night of my birthday. I don't know what went wrong, I don't remember much from that night. 

We've had so short messages, he texted me congratulating me on the new album and then I texted him last week asking what he was wearing. 

"I'm so excited for your new album." My makeup artist Hazel said.

"I know, it's been so long." I keep my eyes closed, "Can I ask you something? But you can't tell anyone." 

"Yeah, what's up?" She bushes some eyeshadow on my eyelids.

"What do you do when a guy stops talking to you after one day but you can't remember anything from that night?"

"Honestly babe, I have no idea. You remember nothing?" 

I nod, "Nothing at all."

She laughs, "How much did you drink?"

"Too much."

--

I try to calm my nerves, pulling on my dress, as I stare down the red carpet. You couldn't see me from where I was standing so I didn't feel pressured to go down it just yet. "Hey, Daisy." A voice shakes me out of, my thoughts. 

I look over and see Logan standing next to me, his suit fitting perfectly. "Hey, Logan." My legs shake under me. He was staring in front of us, not daring to look at me. "Is everything good?" I ask.

"Everything fine." His face was blank, no emotion at all. 

"Are you sure? Because." I was cut off.

"You ready babe?" Cathrine comes up next to us, "Hey Daisy." She smiles.

"Hey, Catherine." I hug her. 

"You look beautiful." She whispers in my ear.

"So do you." We pull apart.

"Let's go." She pulls on Logan's hand. I watch as they walk down the carpet, the cameras going off. I stay behind, giving them their moment. 

After ten minutes, I decided to finally walk down. 

"Daisy over here!" Is shouted from all different directions. I pose, looking over my shoulder, smiling, trying to see everyone. I look to my side and see Logan walking over to me, "They told me I had to get photos with you." He says it was a chore for him, a burden. 

I wrap my arm around his waist and smile at the cameras. 

We continue down the carpet, not saying a word to each other. Once we get to the end, he goes back off to Catherine. I wait around outside the building, waiting for Jordyn. I invited her to be my plus one. 

"Hey babe, sorry I'm late." She walks over. 

"You're all good." I open the door for her. She walks in, her dress flowing behind her. I follow behind, grabbing a drink off the tray in front of me. 

I quickly down it, still following Jordyn like a lost puppy. She walks up to Logan hugging him, "Are you ok?" Cathrine says from next to me. 

"Yeah, Logans have been acting weird, is everything ok?" 

"Yeah, I think it's only towards you." I look back and see him laugh with Jordyn.

"We haven't had an actual conversation since my birthday."

"Yeah, that is weird. That was months ago, he usually won't stop talking about you." She laughs. She noticed my expression and said, "I'll get him to talk to you." She rubs my shoulder before walking off. 

 "We're getting drinks, you coming?" Jordyn asks. 

"Uh, I'm going to go catch up with some of the other cast." I point behind me. 

"OK babe, I'll catch up with you later." She smiles and walks off. 

I walk over to the small bar in the corner and order me a drink. I walk over to the couches with the other cast members, "Mind if I join?" I ask.

"Of course." Matthew, who played my brother in the movie, pats the spot next to him. 

I sit down and they join me in conversation. 

--

I hear a knock on my apartment door. I put my fork down and picked my phone up. Checking the time, I realized how late it was. I drag my body to the front door. 

I take a deep breath before opening it, "Logan?" I look up.

"Hey Dais, can we talk?" I nod, opening the door up some more. He walks in and I close it behind him. 

"Can I get you anything?" He shakes his head.

"No, I'm good." We walk to the living room. I sit on the couch, Logan sitting in front of me. 

"Do you remember anything from your birthday?" He asks. 

I shake my head, "No, I remember before but after we got to the party I can't remember." I fidget with my phone. 

"So you remember nothing? Not me bringing you back to your room?" 

"Nothing." I sigh, "Is everything alright?"

"When I brought you back, you were very drunk." I nod as he keeps talking, "And you said some stuff." My heart starts to race. 

"I still don't understand why you won't have a conversation with me."

He takes a deep breath before saying, "You said you were still in love with me." 

My heart stops for a moment, "What are you talking about?"

"Is it true?" I stay silent, "Daisy?"

"Yes." I don't look at him. I feel my legs shake as we continue to sit in silence, 

"I haven't talked to you because I don't know what to do." 

"What is there to do? I mean you have Catherine." I wiped the tear that was falling down my cheek. 

"Why are you crying?" He grabs my hand.

"I'm embarrassed," I tell him truthfully.

"To be in love with me? Gee, thanks."

"I'm embarrassed by how much I'm in love with you Logan. I think about you all the time." I look up at him.

"It's too late for us." He tells me.

"I know." My voice shakes, breaking. "You should probably go." I stand up. Walk over to the door, and he follows. 

"You're still my best friend." He looks down at me.

I nod, "I'll see you later." He leans down, hugging me. 

"Goodbye, Dais." He whispers before walking out. I close the door behind him, tears immediately falling. 

I've learned over the years, that staying silent always works out in the end.

 Not this time.