{Chapter 15}

Eden

Fear can hold onto those with a grasp so hard it turns the bravest warriors into the last ones who'd dare enter a battlefield. Fear is the only emotion anyone felt once Rowan and Jace had returned from their time with the Elder Wand. I wanted to touch it. I wanted to see what they had seen. Never in my life has Rowan said no like he did when I asked to touch it. I have never seen fear reside behind his eyes as it did when he woke up. Even Jace looked torn up by all he had learned while in there. I tried to pry on the very minuscule details Jace decided to blare out in regards to Tom and my daughter. He truthfully had very little to say on the manner beyond his blood thirst for Riddle.

Rowans sits on our bed, brushing his hair out from his face as he closes his eyes. He's been deep in thought for about thirty minutes. There wasnt much of a fight when I asked him to join me in our room and take a break from all of the clamor going on around him. I reach under my shirt, rubbing my stomach for the slightest bit of reassurance in the words they spoke. Rowan's eyes look at me. A look of sadness washes over his face at the sight.

"I have neglected your own feelings, my love, I'm sorry," he begins. His hands reach out toward me. I can't help but dive into his gasp. He pulls me close to him, running his hand over my back repeatedly before lowering me back down and into the bed. With gentle grasps he lifts up my shirt, dropping soft kisses on the skin of my lower stomach before pulling his lips back up to my own. I feel their warmth as they draw me in. Each kiss is warm and comforting. It feels like a glimpse of serenity each time he cups my head and draws me in closer. He smiles against the touch. His hands grasp each one of my hips with a certain control.

"What was she like?" I question in between kisses. His face flashes with a mix of sadness and admiration.

"Witty and cunning like her mother-" He says with a smile. His hand rubs my stomach as he speaks of her. "From what I could tell she and Grayson will be good acquaintances," He says, rolling his eyes with a large smile.

"And Tom?" I question, trying to get whatever information I can about the man both men chose to speak so little about.

"You won't want to hear that part Eden. It will make you as bloodthirsty as Jace and I," Rowan says, brushing his hand over my face.

"She's my child to Rowan. I deserve to know what evils she will face. You told me you'd always be honest with me," I say with a plea. I know it's a low-blow card, but I need to know.

"Dove spoke to him as if they were mutuals. She even said something along the lines of, "Your lucky I didnt tell my parents I'm with you," Rowan says. He holds up air quotes as he mutters the words.

"She was going behind our backs in the vision?" I question.

"My guess is he had painted himself as a good person to her and Grayson. She has free will. We can't stop how she sees Tom in her own mind," Rowan says. His face of fear returns once more as he goes over what he has seen today once more.

"Why can't things be easy for us?" I question. A bubble of emotion clings to my throat at the statement.

"Maybe because our life after all of this will be easy for a while," Rowan says, smiling as he ducks his head under my shirt.

"I want to believe that Row," I mutter. His lips press down on my stomach once more, filling me with endless warmth.

"I spoke to a man from Feldcroft in Hogsmeade about a small piece of land he was selling in the hills-" Rowan says, smiling against my skin as his kisses travel up my side. I shiver beneath the touch. "He had a small house on it, something we'd have to fix up," Rowan continues. His lips are now on my upper chest, moving closer and closer to my sensitive breasts. "A cottage in the hills. A perfect place to raise our Dove-" He finishes. His lips land on my breast, cupping the other as he trails soft kisses around the whole surface. His tongue flicks my nipple, being sure to squeeze my free breast lightly as his curls poke out from the collar of my shirt.

"I bought it from him-" Rowan blurts out.

I drag my shirt up. His sexy grin flashes as he lazily eyes me. His mouth works on my breast still, leaving a small trail of red marks each time he gets a tad wilder.

"You said you bought it?" I question. He smiles again, pulling himself up and away from my breasts as he allows himself to lie down on the bed. His eyes glance at me in amusement. I can't help but smile at him the longer he looks at me.

"I might have purchased it after a few pints with the man. Please dont be upset-"

I throw my body into him, smiling ear to ear as I let out a sigh of relief. I feel his hands work up and down my side. His hands pull me close, dragging me to him as I straddle his lap. I let my arms wrap around his neck. My forehead presses into his own as his hands work up and down my back.

"Upset? All I've wanted is a life with you. I am the farthest thing from upset," I say, smiling as he pulls me in.

His lips land on mine. I feel their warmth explore every fiber of my being. His body presses up against my own, holding me close as my tears lightly stain his face. He brings his hands up to wipe my face. In a matter of seconds, his hands are back down, cupping my stomach with small rubs of his thumbs.

"I will make a life you both love, both of my girls," He says. My heart flutters as that familiar sense of energy waves over me.

"I think she likes your voice," I say. We both smile at the remark.

Three gentle knocks hit the door. I stay on Rowan. His hands drag up the sheet, making sure to cover any parts of me that might be exposed.

"Mhm?" I question, slowly Thoran's brown-haired head pokes into the room. He gives us a small smile at the sight of us before shaking his head.

"Jace and Seb are gone," Thoran begins. We both widen our eyes at the statement.

"Where?" I question trying my best not to freak out.

"To find answers," Thoran says. Slowly he walks toward me, lowering a small note onto the bed with a frown.

Dont, come after us. I took freckles because he is the one I'd miss the least.

Dont, tell him though.

I need to speak to Liliana, as awful as she is, she is family.

I'm sorry I wasnt fully transparent.

I told you I have skeletons Hawthron.

I need answers. She is my key to finding them.

-Jace

I blink rapidly as I re-read the words scribed onto the small sheet of paper. The association between Liliana and Jace replays in my mind repeatedly. I still hear his sarcasm in the note at his mention of Seb.

"You can put a tracker on the note right?" Thoran questions. Althea's worried head pops into the room, giving us wide eyes as she watches Thoran.

"Yes, he wasnt trying to hide," Rowan begins. I move away from him, watching him sling on his cloak as he draws in a deep breath.

"He wanted a head start,"

____
Okay, Baddie baes. I figured why not drop a cute chapter early asf today? I have a family dinner and have surgery for the rest of my wisdom teeth and work and school so I hope you all enjoy this cute, short, and sweet chapter. Tomorrow's chapter will be long since I took a few days off for finals in college. I hope that you all enjoy and just know, Ily you all. Likes comments and shares are all appreciated. Stay Slay. (Again I'm really sorry it's so short. I figured quality over quantity today)

-Swan