1. Flicker of the Past, The Scary Now

400 Years Ago

Phayu reached his husband, Rain, and held him close.  Blood! There was so much of it.  Phayu could hear the fighting going on around him.  He had many wounds himself, as he raced to save Rain.  He fell to his knees and carefully held Rain.

"My love, please open your eyes" Phayu begged,  Rain felt his very life slipping away but he gave one last effort to open his eyes to look at his beloved.  

"Phayu?" he whispered, "I'm here, Rain.  I am right here" Phayu felt relief at hearing his voice, "Hold me, I will take you home".  He went to pick Rain up.

"No" Rain whispered, "My life is almost spent, I am so sorry I was not strong enough.  I tried to hold on but I am so tired P'Phayu".  

"No! no! Your not going anywhere.  Hold on for me" he begged Rain, he could see the very life draining from him.

"Phayu, I am sorry.  I caused you pain and now you and our friends are suffering.  I was stupid to trust them" Rain sobbed, "I am bad luck, a curse on you.  In the next life, I promise not to cause you grief and unhappiness, the best I can do for you is make it so we never meet".

"No, Rain, that's not true" Phayu touched his face, "You are my light, my love and my evrything.  Don't try and run from me, you know I will chase you all though all our other lives.  You will never get away from me, I vow that to you.  I will use every dirty trick to have you by my side."

Rain gave a faint smile, He reached out his hand to hold Phayu cheek, "Let's see if you can out run me in the next life then"  

Rain's eyes closed and his hand fell away and landed by his side.  He was gone.  Phayu let out a scream as he held on to Rain's lifeless body.  "No!" he screamed "No, please don't leave me.  Rain, open your eyes".  

From the shadows, someone run up behind him and run him though with a sword.  Blood spilled from his mouth as he turned round to look at his attacker.  "You!" he said with surprise,  The figure stood there shocked, "You did this to him, I will never forgive you, I will have my revenge on you" Phayu coughed blood up as he swung his sword round and sliced the throat of Rain's killer.  He dropped his sward and held Rain in both arms, "I promise you I we will be together again, my love.  I promise next time I will protect you".  Phayu closed his eyes and then followed Rain into death.

18 years ago - South Korea 

In a hospital in Korea, "Here is your son" the nurse said to Tharn and handed him over. "Look Type! he is ours" whispered Tharn. Type smiled, they had managed to adopt this little bundle of joy. Type's friend found herself with child, but had no desire to be a mother. She offered to carry the child for Tharn and Type to adopt. She knew that they had been thinking about it for a long time.

"What are you going to call him?" she asked. Tharn and Type smiled, "Rain" they said together.

"What a cute name!" Jen said, "How did you come up with that?"

"Type had a dream last week" Tharn explained, "It was a name in his dream".

"Hey there cutie Rainy, I am your auntie Jen" she introduced herself.

Tharn and Type smiled, they were a family.  

18 years ago - Thailand

"Phayu! Why are you crying?" his father asked, Saifah his twin, was rubbing 5 year old's Phayu's back, trying to get his brother to stop crying.  

"Dada, I want Rain, get me Rain" Phayu demanded.  "Rain?" his father was confused, he looked at Saifah, "Do you have a friend called Rain?" he asked his son.  "No, Dada" Saifah was confused, they were playing warriors and then his brother stopped and started to cry, calling for Rain.