12. The trip

Phayu and Pai had an awful three weeks at work.  Projects were failing behind and one of their competitor's seem to be one step ahead of them when it came to a product launch.  Something was not adding up.  For now, at least, things seem to be holding their own, but an low key investigation was underway.  This trip came at a good time, they where hoping that with Phayu and Pai away from the helm, Saifah hoped that the culprit or culprits would make a mistake due to over confidence.

Sky and Rain were busy with exams but seem to be flourishing with the stress.  The only thing that seem to be worrying Sky is that a certain person had a goal of approaching Rain.  Sky could not shake a feeling that this was not a good thing.  But the person had never shown any malice towards Rain, just too keen to be around him.  Rain, for the most part did not seem to notice, but he did point out to Sky that he had his own unwanted attention.  Gun was their senior and seems to have a thing for Sky.  Unlike Rain's admirer, Gun was a lot more aggressive in his pursuit of Sky. 

"God!! I am glad the exams are over now" Rain said as he stepped outside and stretched, "Plus we are flying out for our trip" He threw a smile over at this friend.  Sky was about to answer, but his was interrupted.

"What trip?" Gun came up behind them and threw his arm around Sky.  He lent forwards and sniffed Sky, "Hummmm you do smell nice", Guns eyes were trained on Sky.  Sky was uncomfortable and was trying to free himself from Gun's arm.  

"P'Gun, could you please remove your arm?" Sky asked. But Gun just pulled him closer.  Rain grabbed Sky's arm and pulled him out of Guns arms and to his side. "My friend asked to be let go" Rain said, glaring at Gun.  Gun glared back, his lips pulling back in disgust and anger.  He could not stand Rain, little upstart.  Gun knew that Rain was standing in his way, maybe Rain had a thing for Sky too.  He growled at the thought.  Sky was his!!!!!

 "So, what trip have you planned, Maybe I can come too" Gun said, refocusing back onto Sky, he smiled at Sky and tried to reach out again.

Rain and Sky looked at each other, then out of the corner of his eye, he say Phayu's car park up, then Phayu stepped out and started to walk towards him.  He was frowning at the scene in front of him.  Rain made another of his impulsive decisions. 

"Sorry, P'Gun, we are going away with our boyfriends" He explained, "Oh, here is my boyfriend now".  Phayu was close enough to hear Rain, he was glad to hear Rain call him his boyfriend, but he could tell it was a cover.  He carried on where Rain had left off.

"Hi, darling" he said as he grabbed Rain's waist, "Are you all set?" he asked as he dropped a quick kiss on Rain's lips.  "Oh, N'Sky, A'Pai will have to meet us at the airport, he is finishing up some paperwork, so I said I pick you both up" 

"Oh thank you P'Phayu" Sky said, he turned to look at Gun, "Have a nice holiday, P"

Phayu looked at the boy called Gun, he was clearly angry and was balling up his hands.  Phayu did not like the boy at all, in fact he felt hatred towards him.  He placed himself between the boys and Gun.  He got them in the car and speed off as soon as it was safe to do so.  In the mirror, Phayu could see Gun staring after his car.

"OK, what was that all about?" he asked.  Sky and Rain looked at each other.  "P'Phayu, P'Gun is our senior and he really seems to like Sky" Rain started to explain, "He just will not leave him alone".

Phayu was silent for a while, "And how do you feel about it Sky" he asked.

"To be honest P, he makes me uncomfortable and sometimes when he traps me - I feel really threatened" Sky admitted, he lent back an signed, "I just try and avoid him the best I can"

Phayu nodded, he made a mental note to discuss this with Pai.  He could not put a finger on it but something felt off and some what familiar.   

They all arrived at the airport with their luggage.  Rain, already had forgotten what had happened at the college, was jumping in excitement.  He loved trips and he loved planes!   Phayu smiled with love in his eyes at his boy, he was hoping that on this holiday they be able to move forward from just being friends.  He was dying to have Rain's body again.

 They arrived safely in Pattaya, as they were travelling to their hotel, Phayu could not get over how familiar the landscape felt. Even though he had never visited here before.

"Phayu, if we have time can we visit the Sanctuary Of Truth?" Rain asked excitedly, Phayu smiled and just nodded.  "We also have to go to the floating market" Sky jumped in.

They arrived at their hotel and booked into their room.  

"Lets order room service for tonight" Pai said to Phayu, "Its been a long day, we can have an early night and start exploring in the morning"

They all agreed with the plan.  

"Rain, would you sleep in my room?" Phayu asked, Rain blinked at first and looked at Sky for guidance.  "Its ok Rain, I don't mind sharing with P'Pai"

With that the sleeping arrangements were worked out.  Phayu watched as Rain fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow, he smiled as he drew Rain into his arms.  Now he will have a good nights sleep.  

In Pai and Sky's room 

Pai was waiting for Sky to finish in the bathroom and his mind wandered back to the conversation that Phayu had with him at the airport.

***Flashback***

"Pai, I think you need to be aware of this" Phayu said as he was nursing a coffee.  Sky and Rain had wandered off to look at the shops.  Phayu looked concerned.

"Whats up?" Pai asked.  Phayu explained on what he had seen at the college.  He described the person called Gun and how he had reacted.

"Something is off with him Pau" Phayu said, "I know I am possessive, but this was a different level"  Phayu signed and took a sip of his coffee.  "I really think he is a real danger to Sky"

Pai looked over at Sky, his body reacted to the seriousness of Phayu observations.  His heart started to beat faster at the thought of someone hurting his boy.

"I will talk to him about this" Pai promised Phayu.  All of a sudden, Pai felt like he had to protect Sky from all the evil in the world.

***End of Flashback***

Sky left the bathroom and saw that Pai was thinking.  "P'Pai?" he softly called to the man on the bed.  Pai looked up and suddenly pulled Sky down into his arms.  He looked into Skys soft brown eyes and demanded,

 "What is the issue with the Gun guy?" 

Sky signed, "Ahh, P'Phayu told you" he said as he looked down at his hands.

Pai nodded, "Please tell me".  Sky signed and explained how Gun had seen him on his first day at college and had not left him alone since.  How he had to avoid certain places at certain times, just so he did not get trapped by Gun or his friends.  How uneasy he feels and how scared he can be of Guns actions.

Pai pulled Sky closer to his face, "Sky I will protect you, you know I have feelings for you" Pai smiled, "I have never made it a secret" 

Sky slapped his arm in embarrassment.   Pai continued, "But I would never force you and I promise I will protect you" 

Pai softly kissed the side of his mouth, "I will help you manage this Gun, if you let me"

Sky smiled and dropped a small kiss on Pai lips, "OK" he agreed.  With that he jumped off Pai's lap.

"Bed time" he said as he climbed into their bed, "And bed time means sleep time" he warned.

Pai let out a groan, but he smiled and climbed into bed. 

"'Night my little Sky" he said.  Sky smiled and drifted off to sleep.