21. Beginning of the end

A week has passed since the wedding and only when they were summoned to the hall did Rain and Phayu leave their home.  

Phayu could not stop looking at Rain, who kept glancing back at him.  "Phayu! Stop looking at me like that!" he scolded his husband, Phayu smiled and asked "Like what?"

Rain really wanted to hit Phayu but they where approaching the hall, so he had to keep his temper.  "why are you like this?" Rain mumbled.  "because my wife is so cute and I can not get enough of him" came the response, this made Rain flush bright red.  They had already done it so many times.  He was so tried and Rain was sure that if the command had not come this morning, he would still be trapped in that bed! 

Phayu smiled and grabbed Rains hand as they entered the hall.  Phayu was getting ready for his family's banter for reasons that they had not seen them since the wedding but as soon as they entered Phayu knew that this was something more.  He pulled Rain closer to him and he observed the scene in front of him.  

Makok (Ple's father) was pleading with Vegas while Ple and her brother, Som were staring at their mother, who was being held down.  But she was not quite she was screaming insults at everyone.  She was struggling against all her bonds, wishing death on those who dared lay a hand on her.

She turned and saw Phayu and Rain had enter, and her hatred knew no bounds.

"There is the abomination" she spat, "the little whore who offered their body for profit!" She struggled to get to Rain.  Rain's eyes went wide at the insults, but she was not done.

"You used your filthy male body to take from our family, Phayu was meant for us!" she screamed, "Your married to a man, its an abomination" Her voice echoed around the room.

"Makok, I suggest you quite down your wife" Vegas said, "Before I do it permanently" he threatened.  

Makok was begging for forgiveness, "Please Lord, she is not well, her mind is weak" he pleaded.

"Phayu, this is the woman who arrange for Rain to be murdered" Pete said, he gestured towards the documents in front of them.  Phayu left Rains side and looked at the evidence and he began to shake with anger.

"You devil woman" he spat at her, "You deserve death for this"

"No!!" Ple shouted, she ran and threw herself at Phayu and Pete's feet and lowered her head, "Please my lords, I beg you, please have mercy on my mama" she cried "Please, My Lords, her mind is weak and broken" 

"Shut up girl" Her mother shouted at her, "If you had not been there my plan would have succeeded!". Ple looked towards her mother, she had tears in her eyes, "Mama?" she whispered, "Please stop this, no you need to stop this.  Mama, for us your family, please just stop mama" Ple was begging her mother.

"Don't mama me!" venom dripped from Ple's mothers mouth, "You killed him, you stupid girl.  He could of gotten ridden of the problem and you could have been married into this family!"  

Ple put her hands and sobbed, Som walked over and placed his arm around his sister, "Please, My Lords, my mama is not well.  We accept all the wrong doings and will be offering you compensation.  But please let us take our mother to the temple, We need to keep her weak mind a secret" 

Makok also bowed, "My Lords, please find compassion for this weak minded woman" He begged, "I will take her and she will never bother you again" He promised

All the begging seem to enrage the mad woman more, "You weak minded fools, why are you begging?" she was almost foaming at the mouth.  "We don't beg! We take! We destroy!".  With that statement, she broke free of the guards and grabbed her husbands sword.

She ran at Rain screaming, "Die".  Rain just stood there in shock, but Phayu was quicker.  he moved with speed and ran his sword the mad woman.  Ple screamed and turned to her brother.

The hall fell silent.  Her body fell to the ground with a thud.  Makok walked up to his wife, "My poor sweet wife" He cried, "I failed, I failed to keep you safe.  I promised that I would help you control your weak mind, but I failed" His sobs echoed off the walls of the hall.

"Makok" Kinn said, "Take your wife's body.  Justice has been served and we will not publish this for the sake of your family honour" 

Makok bowed, "Thank you, My Lords" He made a motion for his servants to attend the body, "I have tried to contain her weak mind, I really did not know that it had descended to madness" 

He gathered his children and they left the hall.  Before they leftPle turned and bowed towards Rain.  "I am sorry for my mother" she said softly, "We did try to help her".  Rain reached out to his friend.  "You are a good daughter to her" he told her, "You did all you could".  he hugged her before her brother led her out.

 Phayu took Rain into his arms.  "Is this the end of it? Rain asked.  Phayu just held him close.

Present 

"And so, the culprit of the previous attempt was killed" the story teller explained "But this is not the end of the story. Due to a fire a lot of the documents from this time were destroyed, but what we do know that the story of the unwilling wives, ended in sadly for Rain and Phayu.  

"From what we can put together, there was another attempt at Rain's life, and this one was successful as they managed to lure him away from the safety of Phayu,  Some say, they used his friend Sky, others say that he ran after Phayu.  But their story ended in the old temple on the hill over there.  It seems that they where stabbed with a sword, they were found, even in death, each others arms".

Most of the people there had tears in their eyes.  "Could you tell us the location of the temple?" asked Sky.  "Why yes, its marked on the back of the notes of today's story" he answered, "I suggest you go, as they say you can still feel their strong bond there.  many lovers go their to offer blessings for their own relationships.

The group walked back to the hotel, but they stopped at the mansions yard for a bit, it was almost if the past was calling them, whispering in their ears.  "I can almost feel them" Pai said, "Humm, me too" Rain said, Phayu looked at him.  He felt it the most, the connection.  This had been his home.

"Ok" sky said, making them focus on him, "Tomorrow we go to the temple" 

With that they returned to the hotel. 

Somewhere back in Bangkok

"I don't care" a person screamed.  "I want him!".   Smash! another glass flew against a wall.

"Calm down" another person said lazy, "I have an idea".  

"You do" the person interest was peeked

"Yes, and I am going to use his best friend as bait"