23. Why Is This Familiar?

Rain woke up on his tummy and found that Phayu was covering his back, he could feel Phayu's breath on his neck.  He wiggled slowly from underneath Phayu's embrace and quietly went to the bathroom.  He looked in the mirror and smiled, he could see that his chest was full of love bites.  He turned on the shower and stepped under it, he let the warm water wash over his body, he stood like that for a while with his eyes closed.  Then, suddenly,  Phayu's arms suddenly came around him and pull him close.

"You were not in my arms when I woke up" he whispered into Rain's ear, Rain smiled, "Was I supposed to be?" Rain asked.

Phayu growled as he spun him around and pinned him against the shower wall, "Always, its the law" he said in a low voice, "Are you ready to be punished?" he asked, Rain just giggled.  They did not emerge from the shower until much later.  

Sky and Pai were already having their breakfast when the new couple finally made an appearance. 

"Oh!" Sky said, "There you are, I was about to send a search party!" he joked.  The two late arrives just laughed.

They discussed their plans for the day and the travel home later that evening.  Pai noticed that change in Phayu and Rain's body language.  The glances, small smiles and Phayu's arm around Rain's waist when guiding him.  

Sky sat back in his chair and gave the couple a thoughtful look as he realised that they looked like they belonged together.   He turned to look at Pai and he had realised by the middle of this trip that he had strong feelings for Pai.  The more he heard about the unwilling bride story, the more he was convinced that it was, in fact, their story. 

Last night, Sky had a very detailed dream.   In it he saw Pai running towards him with his sword raised, bringing it down on the person behind him, then Pai dragging him with him as if he was looking for someone.  Then the scream as they saw two figures on the floor, dead.  That's when Sky woke up.  

Sky was a logical person by nature but he could not help but think that the past was trying to warn them about this life.  He just had this feeling that he could not explain.  He decided to keep this to himself for the moment as he did not want to unnecessary worry the group.  He just smiled as they discussed the plans for the day.

After they finished eating, they made their was towards the ruin of where the tail of unwilling brides ended, Rain and Sky were leading and Pai and Phayu were walking behind.

"So, what's the update, cuz?" Pai asked Phayu, "I know something has happened"

Phayu smiled, never taking his eyes off Rain, "We are together" he confirmed.  Pai slapped Phayu on the back, "Congrats Cuz" he said "I have to step up my game and claim the other cutie!".  Phayu laughed and the sound made Rain and Sky look back in confusion, they looked at each other and Rain just shrugged.

They arrived at the location and the chatty group suddenly fell quite, the temple was still and you could hear birds chirping in the distance.  But the air felt stale and cold, despite the sun shining in the sky.  

Sky felt a tightness in his chest and he felt almost afraid to step any further in the temple, Pai's body was tense, he felt an anger that could not be explained.  He was on high alert and wanted too gather every one here close to him.  "I don't like it" he said.  Phayu heard Pai's words and agreed with them.  Automictically he had grabbed Rain but the waist and pulled him closer and tucked him under his arm.  He felt anger and grief, it was over whelming and he felt like he was drowning.  He looked down at Rain.

Rain eyes were wide and his breath's were shallow, like he was going to pass out.  He looked round and knew that this was the place of his death 400 years ago.  He felt tears prick his eyes and he looked round, he was drawn towards a room.  He pulled away from Phayu and slowly walked towards it.  He reached the entrance and it was like he could see the past playing out like a movie.

His eyes rolled back and he fainted falling hard onto the floor.

The Vision 

"Why" a tearful Rain asked, "How could you betray us like this".  "Betray??" a shadowy figure laughed, "I am simply correcting a mistake"

Rain looked up, his arms tied around his back, the gag that was in his mouth was now hanging around his neck.  "Please, just let me and Sky go" He begged, "Then no one needs to get hurt"

Again the figure laughed, "Oh, but I want that" again another laugh "I want you to hurt but I want Phayu to hurt harder"

"Please" Rain begged, "Think this through"  "I HAVE!!!" the figure yelled back, "Rain, by now my friend would of had Sky in all manner of ways, have you any idea of what is happing to your beloved Sky?"

"Nooo!!" screamed Rain.  The figure sat back and was enjoying the pain.  Some one entered the room.

"Pai, has killed our allies and rescued Sky" he said, his voice is trembling with fear, "The family know everything, Phayu is already here and is relentless with his sword" 

"No" screamed the figure, "This can not be! My plan was perfect!!" 

"Come now we must make hast!" The second person said, "No!" The second figure said, "If I can't have him no one can"

The second person said, "We must go now, If you don't come with me you are on your own"

"Then leave!" madness had found its way in to the voice.  The second figure looked at Rain and then turned to flee.  Rain looked towards the shadow figure, only to see a knife in their hand, they stabbed him over and over again, until they heard a voice.

"RAIN!!!" Phayu screamed, "RAIN, WHERE ARE YOU?".

The figure moved to hide.  The last thing Rain saw was Phayu running towards him, and the last thing he heard was his promise to Phayu to run away from him in the next life so he would not get hurt.

Present 

"Rain open your eyes" Phayu begged.  Rain opened his eyes and saw his boyfriend and his friends gathered above him.

"Can we leave here?" Rain whispered, "I don't want to see it any more".  He then burst into tears.

The group hurried away from that place.  Once they left the temple was quite once again.  But if you listened carefully you could hear the voices of the past conversing with each other.

"They came back and they are together"

"I am so glad" "Me too"

"400 years" "Its a long time"

"Good work on the story, it has triggered something in them all"

"Yes, soon all four of them with know the truth"

"In this life, our sons will stop the evil in their tracks"

"It's in their hands now, we did our part"

"Hopefully we can now rest in peace when this trial is over